Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Praise the game you're playing right now!

Fire Emblem: Echoes. I love how different it is from the other Fire Emblems. It's more traditional than the last couple of entries, but it's got some nice twists to the gameplay.

Finished Horizon Zero Dawn. Can definitely say that it was worth the 2 years I have waited for it. Now to wait for the sequel.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Finished Horizon Zero Dawn. Can definitely say that it was worth the 2 years I have waited for it. Now to wait for the sequel.
    Haven't got around to buying Horizon Zero Dawn yet but I'm looking forward to getting around to it. I'll bite when I can get it a bit cheaper, and once I've finished what I'm currently playing...

...Nier Automata! I don't like buying PS4 games digitally, unless there's a sale on, which there was. £35. I couldn't resist, especially after having played the demo a while back. I'm only 5 hours in but the game is amazing so far. The opening was fantastic and the game play has already been so varied. Plus it looks beautiful, sounds beautiful, and the story has me intrigued!
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Fire Emblem Echoes. I love the art style (they have feet now! hurray!) and exploring dungeons in third person is very different from any FE game I've ever played. The characters are all good too. I was afraid they'd have no character at all, like Shadow Dragon, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndis Highwind View Post
    Fire Emblem Echoes. I love the art style (they have feet now! hurray!) and exploring dungeons in third person is very different from any FE game I've ever played. The characters are all good too. I was afraid they'd have no character at all, like Shadow Dragon, but I was pleasantly surprised.
    Thank you for sharing this. That eases some of my fears. Not that it would matter, I already bought the game

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh boy. I can already feel the void the Witcher 3 is going to leave...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

L.A. Noire - So much nifty detail

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Oh boy. I can already feel the void the Witcher 3 is going to leave...
    Well, at least you know your next game is FFV.

I heard a lot of complaints about Dark Souls II's Majula lacking the same intricacy as Dark Souls' Firelink Shrine.

While it's true that the world isn't as interconnected as DS1, I think that Majula is really well done. Having a hub world where you can easily upgrade and repair equipment, bring all the NPCs together, and purchase anything you need is super cool. I really prefer DS1's approach, but Majula grew on me as the game progressed.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've been harping too much on Drakengard, so to throw it a bone, the story and characters are interesting. I especially love the lore you get from the weapons you unlock, which makes leveling them feel worthwhile.

Also, Ymir's Finger (hammer type weapon) and this short sword I picked up are insanely useful. The hammer weapon just has great knockdown effect which makes dealing with groups so much easier as well as tougher foes. The short sword is awful on its own but it's magic spell, Sword of Damocles is overpowered as hell and leveling it turned out to be super easy.

Valkyrie Drive: Bhukkini has an incredibly generous selection of costumes, and has very solid hack and slashing mechanics. Especially when you consider a) it's a Vita port and b) it's mainly a game about dressing girls up and making them kiss.

Two other bonus points:
    - It has a pretty good soundtrack.
    - It comes with a Japanese interface & text option, which is pretty rare.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

The bug infested Death of a Fansite feels like we are all part of it. Though playing it and posting here without receiving the key yet seems to put the mind into a paradox.

Finished Metal Gear Solid 4 yesterday, and now I'm working on the platinum trophy.

Easily one of the best stories in all of gaming. That final boss fight is one of the most iconic and memorable moments I've ever experienced.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

While I have my laundry list of grievances against Drakengard, I'll give them a nice pat on the back for how they setup the story mode mechanically. Basically the plot is split up into chapters with verses representing the individual missions and cutscenes, and you often have to dive back into a chapter because some verses are blocked off until you meet some requirement for it. What's cool about it is that you can replay any part of the plot (including the endings you unlock) whenever you want to which makes it easier to remember the story but more importantly, makes acquiring the games 60+ weapons needed for the fifth ending.