Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Praise the game you're playing right now!

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I love Fallout 4. I'm enjoying more than New Vegas and Skyrim. I love to just go off and do my own thing. And I really like the companion likability system. It really makes you think about who to bring along. Do send I them away when I do mean things or in my case send Cait away when I'm being nice.

And after I got used to the new Perk system and started focusing I really like it more than the old one. But I think my favorite new thing are the Legendary Mobs. More specifically the Legendary loot they drop. I got an Explosive Combat Shotgun off a Mirelurk.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Icewind Dale II is awesome for being more challenging than the other Infinity Engine games, and it's also the only one to use 3rd edition D&D rules, which makes it super flexible. I also love all the subraces and creating your entire party from scratch was strangely satisfying.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Digital Devil Saga - Great story so far and I love the setting. The dungeons are also really unique and interesting in their design, which is nice when most people think of the franchise having boring maze-like designs since most judge them on the Persona series. The puzzle filled Princess Castle was really unique and I really loved the one on the cruise ship where you have to plant bombs. Hell, even the Sewer Dungeon has proven to be not nearly as frustrating as though dungeons tend to be.

Shin Megami Tensei - This game is surprisingly addicting. Despite my praise for the game above, I constantly want to get back to this game most of the time despite the fact DDS has more to offer. The cast is good and the game is littered with bizarre scenarios that make a story about demons and gods battling it out in a post-nuclear war world come across way less drab. Hell even the Chaos and Law heroes are incredibly likable, which makes it obvious now why so many future versions of the Law and Chaos heroes take their cues from them. The dialogue option for battle in this game is also incredibly useful, getting money and magentite is a pain through normal battles and only human enemies tend to really carry cash but using dialogue to get demons to fork over them is not only often easier, but you tend to get 10x more by doing so. This is especially important cause the game tends to love throwing waves of really difficult enemies at you who give you practically nothing for beating them, so negotiations tend to help you out way more.

Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light - I'm digging the game's plot basically being a classic FF Heroes of Light tale and kind of turning it on its head. The characters are obnoxious at first but all grow into likable people before long. Also the games focus on team building as opposed to character building is a real nice change of pace, not to mention this might be one of the rare RPGs where mages really are better than melee classes.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism. After the comparatively chill games (difficulty-wise) that were Imperishable Night and Mountain of Faith, this one REALLY ramps it up. I swear Level 1 and 2 are on the same general difficulty as Level 3, 4 or even 5 would be in earlier games. And the level 4 and 5 bosses are both awesome and really brutal. I made it to the final boss without continuing earlier today and I imagine it won't be too long before I beat her, but man I'm really liking the challenge in this game.

Getting lives as a reward for not dying is a little weird though =P

FFXIV Character

Fairy Fencer F is a very fun game. With one and a half exceptions, I love the main cast so far. The game got immediately better the second Galdo joined. After spending five hours stuck with what has got to be one of the most unlikely party member in any game ever, you get two within an hour of each other. And the plot picks up a little too. And I love the skill system too. You have your normal level system, but you also get some BP to spend upgrading your weapons stats or learning new skills, abilities, magic, or combos.

I love the Fairize theme is awesome.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Trails of Cold Steel II: I LOVE THIS SERIES AND NOW IT HAS EVEN BETTER OUTFITS !!!!!!!!!!!
    The Fruit of Grisaia: Pretty cute sense of humour overall
    Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion: Got some cute and funny things
    Pokemon X: Cute Pokemans

tl;dr: Cuteness

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    Trails of Cold Steel II: I LOVE THIS SERIES AND NOW IT HAS EVEN BETTER OUTFITS !!!!!!!!!!!
    The Fruit of Grisaia: Pretty cute sense of humour overall
    Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion: Got some cute and funny things
    Pokemon X: Cute Pokemans

tl;dr: Cuteness
    Cold Steel was my first Legend of Heroes game, and I only just played 1 and 2 the past couple weeks, and yeah. Two's character outfits are a lot better then the first ones.

Also Laura is a god damn beast of a character. Holy trout her damage output is insane. O_O

Space Trader (Android; Brucelet.com)

This game give you a lot of freedom - I love it! You can be a space pirate, a famous trader or a bounty hunter - the choise is yours!
    The universe in this game is very interesting and alive as well. Its randomness (also in terms of quests) is also a big plus.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dragon Quest VII is a fantastic game, like all DQ games, really. The feeling of a sweeping adventure is just so unmistakable! Can't wait to explore even more of this fantastic world! And I heard it's the lengthiest game in the series, which is a HUGE plus for me!

FFXIV Character

Dragon Ball Xenoverse is so much fun. The combat is as fast paced and hectic as I remember and since I'm on the PS4 instead of my PC is a lot smoother too. And I'm still near the beginning and it hasn't turned into a complete numbers game yet. I got the side pony tail for my character and it's adorable as smurf.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Digital Devil Saga - Here we go, now here's an incentive to fight optional bosses. Beating some of the bosses in this game will grant you items that can be traded for special Mantra (what you use to learn skills) and these Mantra's all contain the actual unique skills of the bosses you fought to get them. King Frost's Colcyon is basically a powered up version of Frost Breath and beating Beelzebub got me a piece of ammo that is twice as powerful as anything I can get in the store currently and a Mantra that teaches both Death Flies (High Almighty damage that will instant kill anything not immune/reflect death magic) as well as a shield spell that will allow my whole team to gain absorb all elements for one round. Talk about nifty!

The 4 Heroes of Light - I'm still having fun experimenting with the classes and learning to upgrade Crown specific armor to get the most out of them. Also my current quest involves collecting all of the Armor of Light that was worn by the great hero, and I can honestly say this stuff lives up to its reputation. In addition to each piece having ridiculously high stats that trump whatever else I have, the Shield blocks all elements, the cape blocks all ailments, the armor give me +10 to all stats, and the sword inflicts all elemental damage making it do double damage to everything, which itself is a nice shout out to the original Final Fantasy because that's how Excalibur was meant to work in that game as well. Did I mention the armor and sword can be upgraded?

Shin Megami Tensei - It's the little things that make this game so interesting. Everything is done is a first person view in this game, so when you retreat, you're character basically steps back a space from the encounter which can be annoying if you get jumped as you pass enter a room, only to retreat and wind up outside. Well anyway, I discovered the other day you can't retreat if you're backed up against a wall and the fridge logic was just really neat. Annoying cause I was getting my ass kicked but I appreciate the devs being consistent. Also I can't tell you how great it was to get Cerberus back. For those who might not understand, in the beginning of the game, you can recruit your family dog to be on your team. It was actually possible to fuse said dog with a demon and no matter what, he would change into Cerberus, a Lv. 50 demon (you are probably level 3 by this point) who has absolute loyalty to you (normally you can't summon demons higher than you cause they won't listen to you) and easily lets you steam roll a section of the game you probably couldn't do at the time. Course the game is scripted to have him leave you shortly after but it's possible to encounter him again and recruit later. He's still a fairly good demon and I plan on leaving him in my party despite him already getting outclassed cause I'm sentimental like that.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Destiny Rise of Iron. Its a fun wee thing and I like the raid. Even if my team are a little too low for the final boss.
    also the music is good everywhere. Although id say its more of a jack of all trades rather than having music that are really great or really rubbish.

After playing through both Trails of the Cold Steel games, and the Dragon Quest VII remake, I am sitting here playing SMT IV Apacolypse and only a few hours in I am having to put in more effort and thought consistantly to advance then either of those last three titles.

I forget sometimes how fun the difficulty of an SMT game really is. <3 (I'm playing on War, the harder difficulty)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Silent Hill 3 has a great atmosphere and the visuals and audio really work well for it as is expected from the franchise. I also enjoy the voice acting and Heather is certainly charming with some of her dialogue when examining items.

Curtain Call - God I love FFs music.

Final Fantasy VII - I forgot how much I really enjoyed the Junon section of the game and there is just something about the dark colors and muddy graphical look of the game that makes it stand out over the cleaner looking new games.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

VIRTUES LAST REWARD

WHY DO...

/PEOPLE

BETRAY EACH OTHER,...,..,FSA.FKJAF.

KLAFJKLSAJCLKSJALKJAFLKSJFL

so good