Page 1 of 19 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Praise the game you're playing right now!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Praise the game you're playing right now!

The exact opposite of Pete for President's other thread.

What are the positives of the game you are currently playing? Try and think of some even if you hate it!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dragon Quest V is the best game in the series that I've experienced so far. It's incredibly charming with a main story element that is just so original and works so well that I'm really surprised it isn't done more often. I mean, yeah, it is done sometimes, like in Fable, but I don't think there was any game that pulled off growing up, getting married and having kids so well. Maybe that's because your family members aren't parrty members there. But yeah - your whole party consists of people close to you that you've encountered on your travels, as well as any monsters you befriended. It's one of the most organic ways to build a party I've ever seen. I'd say more, because there is so much to love about this game, but I need to write a review of this soon so I don't want to spill all the beans here

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - May have one of the best stories in the series. I like how it deconstructs the Hero of Legend tropes and brings the series back to its roots of Link being some stranger called to action despite not being cut out for the job. The characters in the world are also great and this game may have the most refreshing versions of Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf in the franchise. I also love the art-style and animation in this game. Definitely the most fluid game to watch and the art direction really gives a fresh look to old ideas.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

XCom 2.

Seriously, that's all that needs to be said.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Firewatch has one of those denouement endings which I don't like very much but for some reason I can't help but want to play it again and I can't help but want to research the hell out of every tiny little thing experienced.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Sly Cooper ! Playing this game for the first time and it's incredibly fun !

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

XCom 2 is an improvement over XCom 2012 in almost every way and it's smurfing glorious. Very probably GOTY; only Stellaris seems to maybehave a chance of beating it.

Pillars of Eternity was hailed as an instant classic upon release and yep, it is.

Skyrim is just so huge and there are so many ways to dick around with bandits and it may not be Morrowind but damnit, I still have fun!

Distant Worlds is a ridiculously vast 4X game and probably the best space 4X in a decade or more. Stellaris will almost certainly take this crown but for now, I'm in deep.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Legend of Dragoon - Charming, old school RPG feel

Life is Strange - Low stress, touching moments

Earthbound - Interesting and fun concept, good sense of humour

Threads of Fate - Mint is adorable, funny

Bloody Roar 3 - Fun gameplay, beast transformations are pretty unique and an awesome gameplay element

Articles
    Blog Entries

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Has a gripping story, with very fleshed out supporting characters. The visuals are much improved over the Xbox 360 version I had last time, and I'm having great fun exploring new builds I never would have thought of before.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Neptunia VII has some of the best music in the series. And the writers are on top of their game with this one. There's been a few laugh out loud moments. And the game play is pretty tight. It's not just grind until you win. You have to use items and position correctly. Items are very, very useful in this game or maybe I've just been spoiled by auto-healing outside of battle/save points of other games. There's been a few MegaTen deaths too, getting ambushed and dying before you get a turn too. But I can't fault the game or RNG for it either, it's my fault. Everytime that's happened it because I've run passed the mob into an unknown area and get stuck on something and they come up and smack me. And another thing about the difficulty that I like, buffs and debuffs are needed. Before the only debuff I used was Uni's Charlie Horse, but now I've got to use Nepgear's defense increase.

Blog Entries

Subnautica is a pretty solid game for being in its beta(?) phase. Never thought of a Minecraft-esque building world that would work on a planet of water, but it surprisingly keeps me coming back. Plus the nighttime is smurfing scary pretty extravagant in how you can see different species glowing in the middle of the night.

South Park: Stick of Truth is hilarious in its lowbrow humor. The most surprising aspect is that it is actually a solid rpg.

Bloodborne The Old Hunters DLC. Hard as balls since I haven't played it in a few weeks but I need to finish it soon. Solid gameplay, difficult bosses/enemies/existence in general.

Blog Entries

Final Fantasy 5!
    Versatile and interesting job class system, therefore immense replay value (I'm on my second go)
    Cute and colourful little character sprites
    Great story

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Adequate View Post
    Pillars of Eternity was hailed as an instant classic upon release and yep, it is.
    Good to hear. I want to get it next time it's on sale.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    XCom 2.

Seriously, that's all that needs to be said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Adequate View Post
    XCom 2 is an improvement over XCom 2012 in almost every way and it's smurfing glorious. Very probably GOTY; only Stellaris seems to maybe have a chance of beating it.

Both of you shut up!

I'm sorry, I don't have a PC and I can't afford one right now. Tell me it's terrible.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's better than sex.