Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Praise the game you're playing right now!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Silent Hill - I've been really digging the atmosphere of this game and the cast has been better than expected.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The genius of Undertale cannot be understated.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    The genius of Undertale cannot be understated.
    Understated? I can understate the crap out of it. *ahem*

Undertale is a game that is currently available for purchase. Some people seem to think it is decent.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

For all intensive purposes, I could care less about your understatements.

Irregardless of you're opinion, their objectively the most incredible understatements mankind has scene.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Plabescpe: Torment has maybe the best narrative ever.

Civilization VI has a lot of fun additions, particularly districts and city-states, I would love to see persist in the series.

Divinity Origunal Sin II's combat is absurdly fun.

Heroes of Might & Magic V has awesome aesthetic and music. The theming is incredible.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

MGSV is p much the best open world game i've played

certainly the tightest and the one that allows the most creativity

Final Fantasy: Negative One has done a fantastic job reworking the original title overall, and I especially appreciate the greater range of viable options available to the player with the tweaked / fixed classes, earlier exploration, elemental gear, and spell list. It's kind of nifty being able to pick locations and gear to rush down based more on what the party can do and use vs. what level they are, though, I suppose, I kind of did that a bit in the original as well with magic item rushing, but still!

FFXIV Character

Cheese Cocteautwins (Lamia)

Killer Instinct - I love how accessible the game is to be decent w/ the buttons. The true mastery is the mind games, yomi, reads, etc, which I have a LONG ways to study and master. But the controls are great, music is great, characters are cool, lots of content, etc. It's the perfect replacement for NRS on PC. I was in a bit of a rut trying to find that NRS replacement fighter after it was confirmed Injustice 2 wasn't coming to PC. I tried Tekken, Guilty Gear, UNIEL, Brawlhalla, Rivals of Aether (the latter 2 not really comparable as platform fighting games), all great games. But KI just clicks on all cylinders for me.

Final Fantasy XIV - I have a LOT of issues w/ this game (social features, inventory features), but it's all pretty minor. The story is good, the world is vibrant and immersive, and it's Final Fantasy!

Remember Me - not too deep into, maybe like an hour. Interesting combat mechanics w/ the combo lab and seems to be an intriguing story.
    - Dr. Cheesesteak

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Silent Hill 3 - Really digging the characters and the music, some top notch stuff going on here and I can see why fans love Heather so much for her spunky personality.

Suikoden II - I appreciate the fact the game kind of jumps into the main mechanics relatively early for the series. The main plot hasn't fully kicked in yet but I'm already scouting new recruits and farming runes from enemies for future customization. I already have enough people to build two completely different teams. Also the story and characters are fantastic and I love Viktor and Flik.

Persona 1 - Just obtained the Ultimate Personas for the party in the SQQ and now just need to grind in the final dungeon to get the party worthy to use them. I'm still having fun experimenting with different Persona set-ups. This is also the first time I've used this party setup and it's been interesting because they are not quite as dominating as the one you can get in the SEBEC arc. It's been an interesting challenge I hope to finish up soon.

Mega Man Zero - Starting to hit that nice mental transcending moment with these games where the difficulty withers away cause I'm falling "into the zone" all of the time. Despite that, outside of leveling up a few more of the Cyber Elves, I plan on sacrificing the lot of them cause I'm not in the mood to deal with the final boss without their upgrades.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

After playing Witcher 3 for only a couple hours, its card game already has me hooked. I wish there was a cell phone version.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gwent is the best

There is a WIndows version. As in, a full game of Gwent is now out. You can play it online against other players

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, I saw that, but I'm not really sitting in front of a computer that much unless it is at work. And it is probably not that great of an idea to get into this when I'm working...

The game is simple enough that I can't believe there isn't a mobile version!

Quote Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
    Killer Instinct - I love how accessible the game is to be decent w/ the buttons. The true mastery is the mind games, yomi, reads, etc, which I have a LONG ways to study and master. But the controls are great, music is great, characters are cool, lots of content, etc. It's the perfect replacement for NRS on PC. I was in a bit of a rut trying to find that NRS replacement fighter after it was confirmed Injustice 2 wasn't coming to PC. I tried Tekken, Guilty Gear, UNIEL, Brawlhalla, Rivals of Aether (the latter 2 not really comparable as platform fighting games), all great games. But KI just clicks on all cylinders for me.
    KI was the only reason I want an Xbox. Now there's also Cuphead.

Tekken 7 is absolutely solid at being a good Tekken fighting game again. Pretty much everywhere else it is weak. Too many characters didn't return, the extra content is nil (wait, I can pay extra money for Tekken bowling now), story mode isn't fun, and character customization is quite limited. (I don't really care about the last one, but it's important nowadays). It's still probably my 2nd favorite Tekken in terms of fighting, but it's lacking a lot it should have had considering the time we waited for it.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

FF tactics: its job system is as good as everyone says and its fun to see what job you can unlock next. And the story is pretty good so far (ive only just got to mustadios city, goug)