Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 913141516171819

Thread: Praise the game you're playing right now!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - I take back what I said about Terror Knights being nerfed. Holy hell are they nasty once they are up to par with the rest of your team level and gear. It helps that I switched two of my characters classes turning my Knight into a Terror Knight and my former Terror Knight into a Knight, the male TK is cooler looking as is the female Knight so bonus points there. They have low speed and have to use two-handed weapons which often have poor accuracy but then you gain their special skill that makes their accuracy 100% and makes melee inflict Frighten (lowers all stats) and you've got a mean death machine.

I also ran into a random Female Knight I had to recruit because I noticed her name was Celes.

currently playing dragon quest 7.

I mean, i like dragon quest games, so pretty much anything that makes any dragon quest game good applies here. But for 7, I suppose I like the island stories. Rather than having one big overarching story, it's basically the "doomsday event of the week" which is interesting.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I'm playing Warframe. I don't like games at the moment though, so I don't think it counts. I'm just passing time with Warframe.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Suikoden V ~ God, what is not to love? The battle system is fun with SII's core gameplay with the best elements of SIII and IV added in. Love area bosses, which are always a treat. I'm also just collecting so many good characters. Not to mention I got the Beavers on my side, so Naval War battles are hilariously easy. I've been doing a better job of utilizing characters I don't normally use, instead of just using all the game breakers, and it's been a real treat playing with different party configurations.

Pokemon GO ~ Loved the Halloween visuals and I love me some ghost Pokemon. Also pageants are a fun diversion, and I'm not just saying that because my work is conveniently located next to a Poke Stop that specializes in them.

Romancing SaGa Re: Universe ~ I am really impressed with the game's narrative. I'm not really big on direct sequels, nor do I love fanfic like plots of characters from different world's meeting up, but it really works here. Helps the game is using the narrative to fill in some of the more vague writing of the franchise like changing the context of Subier and the Narwhal's child from RS2, or finally delving into the lives of the Matriarch and Archfiend from RS3. I still love how that dimensional pull of the cast members work in this game, with characters able to encounter different versions of themselves from their own timeline, and even some alternate timelines. Creates some interesting drama.