Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Praise the game you're playing right now!

I just finished Prey.
    I quite enjoyed it. Fairly reminiscent of the original Bioshock if you gave it a science fiction setting, instead of a steampunk one. Although the people left alive are not usually actively trying to kill you. It also seemed to me like it captured the creepiness of metamorphic space aliens better than Dead Space did.
    If that at all sounds fun, I heartily recommend trying it out. Fun game.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Finally got around to Uncharted 4. What a god damn incredible and intense spectacle. Except it doesn't just feel like a spectacle fight, it legit feels like you're doing it. It feels great to play.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I passed on Salt and Sanctuary for Guacamelee and it's much more my speed. Love the cool powers you get and making crazy combos. I like that the focus is on exploration rather than difficult encounters, though it does have some challenge. The dimension switching is also a cool gimmick. Also I love the call backs to Metroid and Zelda. My only complaint is that it is too short.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Little Witch Romanesque - It's so fun and there's some good characters. I like all of the different endings based on what you did throughout the game. There are a few bad ends but most are just different good ends based on which quests and things you did, which is nifty

King of Fighters XIV - The characters are pretty fun

Steins;Gate - Interesting story, self aware, and I like how it pokes fun at the usual tropes

Yomawari: Night Alone - So cute and sad and spoopy without being too spoopy

Battle Princess of Arcadias - Cuteness and pretty fun and funny

L.A. Noire - Great detail, fun, engaging

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I passed on Salt and Sanctuary for Guacamelee and it's much more my speed
    Make sure you go back for S&S. It's so good!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Mega Man Zero - The Metroidvania setup is an interesting take on the game, as well as the other features used to shake up the formula. It was nice to play a game that really stepped out of the franchises comfort zone after so long.

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain - The flavor text narration and gnarm of this game is absolutely delicious.

Persona 1 SQQ - I definitely appreciate the challenge this second quest brings to the game and the, Mean Girls inspired cast of this segment is actually amusing to watch.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was going to do that Quest in persona, but by the time I finished the first run through of the game, I was tired of it. The actual story and some of the details seemed interesting to me, but I don’t know if I’ll ever get around to it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I actually jumped into it right away so that I could just close the whole thing. The SQQ isn't that bad really. It's really only challenging if you attempt the max ambrosia run, and even then it mostly requires patience and good preparation. I actually kind of regret doing that run since I ended up beating the game without even reaching high enough levels to make ultimate personas, so it all felt kinda pointless. Get Lilim and you'll win, basically. If you have Lilim, you'd have to be really careless to lose the last battle.

But yeah, agreed on the conveyor belt sections. And agreed on the cast. SQQ's party is just so much more fun than the SEBEC guys.

Dark Forces is really fun once you fix the painfully dated control scheme. I wish Disney would use it as inspiration for their next Star Wars story, hell they almost did for Rogue One.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Mega Man Zero - The Metroidvania setup is an interesting take on the game, as well as the other features used to shake up the formula. It was nice to play a game that really stepped out of the franchises comfort zone after so long.
    I really wanted to like that game but the grinding and unskippable cutscenes were too much for me.

emily is away too

nostalgic memories of hitting on punk girls in the early 2000's

and then bitterly failing, like nothing has ever changed
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Final Fantasy IX.

I'm not very far in but it's been great so far! Just travelling through the ice cavern. Really enjoying the character interactions. Not sure about Zidane yet but Steiner and Vivi are my favourites. I'm not massively feeling the card game but I'll persevere with it.

EDIT: 100 out of 100 nobles were impressed

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Blue Reflection - MAGICAL GIRLS. The boss fights are great and really take advantage of the game's battle system

Kona - Nice environment and interesting

Valkyria Chronicles - Nice art style

Grandia - Super cute and a great customization system. Really captures the feel of adventure

The Sims 4 - Yay so much fun simness

Higurashi Episode 2 - I like Shion's hair

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've been playing Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor lately.

OMFG! I'm in love with this game, I've had a few situations where I slaughtered some captains though, only for them to pop up again as "Nope you didn't kill me just yet!" which is ironic since one lost his entire head in an execution but apparently that was a figment of mine/Tallion's imagination.

I also had some problems with a posse of 3 captains, 2 second rank captains and a third rank captain going around together and showing up where I was. As one was a ranged fighter and one couldn't be countered it made for an awkward situation when fighting them, they managed to peg me 2 times before I noticed having just done a legend of the sword mission that required me to ride a Caragor that they had split up... both second tier captains had fears of Caragors, of course, I immediately hunted both of them down and slaughtered them by feeding them to my tame beasty.

The biggest issue I have is that I find it hard to want to do the main story missions haha. I'm so far at the very start of the story (2 of 20 missions complete) but I'm having so much fun killing captains and building up my power rating. I'll be doing some story missions soon to ensure I get the story only abilities sorted out as I have all the abilities from the first power level above the basic start already aside from the story exclusive ones.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Metroid Zero Mission has possibly the tightest controls in the 2D series, and the small map sizes make it ideal for portable play.
    Returners Represent!

Doki Doki Literature Club.

Yuri did nothing wrong.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?