Thread: Great NES sleeper games that you must try!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Default Great NES sleeper games that you must try!

In this thread I may show my age a little. However I decided to give people my Top 5 Sleeper titles for the NES.

You don't know what a sleeper title is? Well that is easy to explain. Back in the mid 80's to early 90's we never had the internet to help us find new and exciting games to play. Basically if it wasn't in Nintendo Power you had to take a chance with it. An example of a great sleeper title we all have heard of is Dragon Quest. I know it worked its way out of sleeper but only after Nintendo Power gave away free copies of the game via mail in rebate, which is how I received it. Games that got no Nintendo Power love were basically found by players renting a title on box art alone, if the game was good you would tell your friends about it and its how it grew. Kinda a cult classic feel.

As I have been called by a few (not as many as I would like to believe) a retro gaming pro, I decided I would share a top 5 list sleeper games for the NES list for any retro gamers out there to try and turn new players on to great titles that only found a little love. I will put a new game up each week for people to get to try starting this week with number 5!

The Wall Street Kid!
    download.jpg
    In 1991 I went to my local Blockbuster video and tried this Title out. It is one I saved for and bought shortly after.

Lets grab the game and plug it in shall we?
    images.jpg

Meet the Wall Street Kid. He is basically Zak Morris if he was handed $500,000 to trade stocks with. The story is your Uncle dies and wishes to leave you Billions, however he wants you to kinda work for it. You are given $500,000 to trade with in the stock market to double up money with bye the end of the first month. Not only that you must fit in your schedule time for your girlfriend, and also must stay in good physical shape. Sound fun? Well it is.
    Stocks.jpg

Each day you must look for what stocks are going to be good, and which ones are going to tank. If you wish to slide someone a little money they will give you great hints on which to buy and sell also.

Each month there is a new challenge to complete that you must do or its game over.
    mainroom.jpg

Honestly this game is a must play if you are into the retro game scene, as I still enjoy it today. Enjoy everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images