Thread: Hypothetical Discussion about Xenogears...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Hypothetical Discussion about Xenogears...

Seeing how SE has unearthed this IP for their PC competitive mech shooter series, let's just say for the sake of argument this actually renewed some interest in the IP and SE decided to do a little more with it. What would you like to see?

It's hard to think of something they'd have trouble messing up. I have this weird idea that some sort of sim game would work, since it wouldn't require a lot of real plot, and cameos can either be played straight or as a joke without ruining anything, and I really loved the world they created, and I wouldn't mind just farting around in it. Make a home, find a gear, compete in tournaments, ride around in an Yggdrasil, visit floating cities, just chill and stuff

But I'm a weirdo who doesn't mind simming out and chilling in the worlds of games like Saints Row and Skyrim. It's one of the great things about Shenmue, the game was designed to be a sim as well as a game

Let me play Shenmue in the world of Xenogears. I'll be happy(?)

Xenogears 2

Articles
    Blog Entries

A reboot using a similar concept with one of Square's senior designers as game director.