Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Female EoFFers Only

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Relm Female EoFFers Only

This thread is only for the female members of the forum. What are your top five favorite FFs and why? A poll will be provided.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

What if my favorite FF is FFTA?

* touches boobs * yes, okay i girl.

5 # Final Fantasy X- Best battle system in the series, adore the sphere grid, the characters are lovely bunch, the villian could do with some improvement and the voice-acting is less than stellar; but it's a emotional, thought-provoking game, and the ost also adds to it's beauty. Plus it has Yuna, which is a great bonus !

4 # Final Fantasy VIII- Again love the main cast of characters; including the game's main couple Squall and Rinoa. Love the Junction system and how collecting rare cards can add more into the game. Again ost is lovely. Only disappointment is that the story feels rushed at times; but I love this game to death.

3 # Final Fantasy VI- My second favorite main cast of characters in a Final Fantasy game ! The ost is brilliant for a snes game that came out 21 years ago ? Excellent villian and excellent story !

2 # Final Fantasy IV- This game is simple but effective and it shows. FF IV is a beautiful story of redemption, romance and forgiveness.

1 # Final Fantasy IX- I love Zidane so much and his romance with Garnet/ Dagger and Vivi and even Kuja. FFIX not only has my favorite Final Fantasy romance, but ost and character cast as well ! FF IX has fantastic dungeons, boss battles and other challenges that helps the game be more solid and open. Emotional, light-hearted, fun, heartbreaking, and not afraid to be silly at times.

1. Final Fantasy VI
    2. Final Fantasy X
    3. Final Fantasy IX
    4. Final Fantasy IV
    5. Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    That's what the "other" option is for.

EDITGA: Though in hindsight, I should have done four more "other" options in case the person likes FFs that don't fall completely into the numbered schemes.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not including spin-offs and sequels and sticking to the ones on the poll:

IX, VIII, X, V, XII

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

IX, X, XII, IV, VI.

VI: I really enjoyed the large ensemble of a cast. The others didn't have as large of a group and I felt this was the first time the games really gave a more worldly feel with the cast.

IV: I love Kain.

XII: I really enjoyed this game. I know a lot of people disliked it cause of Vaan but I thought it was fun and I liked the more political angle compared to a romance theme.

X: This was probably one of the games that really set me off into my JRPG obsession more so than any other games. While I played JRPGs before, I was coming of age into my teenage years when I first was playing X so it set off a nerdy trend for myself that I super enjoy. So nostalgia here, really.

IX: This is by far my favorite FF. It was my first one and it is more lighhearted and fun than some of the other entries. I loved how it was more classic fantasy than the scifi mix that's prevalent in a lot of the later FFs. It's just a really fun FF and story!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    That's what the "other" option is for.

EDITGA: Though in hindsight, I should have done four more "other" options in case the person likes FFs that don't fall completely into the numbered schemes.
    Sorry, I definitely didn't see the Other option when I clicked on the thread this morning

1. FFTA - Perfect, beautiful, and the greatest job system of all time. IMO this is not only the greatest FF ever made but one of the greatest games ever made.

2. FFTA 2 - Same as the above. I peg it slightly lower because I feel like the game starts to go overboard with jobs and there are so many and you can't fit them all into your clan's members like you want to. But it's still VERY good.

3. FFX - Super fun battle system, just a fun all around game, I smile just thinking about it. It's just an utter joy to play.

4. FFII - Super underrated, super fun.

5. FFVII - cause why not. The classic with the classic cast of characters.

If you can't tell, "is it fun to play" is my #1 criteria when it comes to ranking FFs, lol

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

FFVIII: Ok so like this dude goes to military school operated by a big slug man and he doesn't really like his classmates he just wants to train with the dinosaurs living in the school that came down to the planet from the moon but then a witch fires missiles at the school so he teams up with this dude that can punch dolphins at people and flies the school into the ocean. The witch lady puts his girlfriend into a coma so they go to space but then there's a space witch there so they have to escape into another spaceship with more dinosaurs in it except these dinosaurs are purple. They kill the dinosaurs and fly back down to the planet and his dad is like "hey i have an idea why dont you let the space witch eat your girlfriend so we can travel to the future" and oh my god there are so many witches that time just kind of collapses in on itself and there is nothing but triple triad for daiz

FFX: my all time favorite, and also the only one where i actually gave a damn if someone died, looking at you FFIV

FFXII: idk??? idk what it is, i just like this game more and more every time i play it. can't put my finger on why i love it so much, I just do.

FFXIII: dat sound track

FFXIV: the only mmo I've played where no one was completely vile to me because of my gender. it's far from a perfect egalitarian utopia of gaming, there's still some awful comments floating here and there, but it gives me hope

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

FFX: Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. I mean, who doesn't want to Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide ze Shoopuff?
    FFIX: Very quintessential high-fantasy, really went back to the series routes. The card game was better than Triple Triad (#shotsfired) and Melodies of Life is beautiful. Plus the Alexander/Bahamut cutscene is amazing.
    FFVI: Magitek Armour, walking through snow, to Terra's theme. Iconic.
    FFVII: Blew my 11 year old mind away. I think it's right up there with Majora's Mask for games that emotionally hit me the most.
    FFIII: Probably an underrated gem in the series. Crystal Tower!
    FFXIV: My life, where did it go?

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I don't have time atm to go into the whys, but I will jot them down here for future reference. Also my opinions are skewed into later series as I have not really played enough of 1-5 to form true opinions.

FFX
    FFIX
    FFVIII
    FFXIV
    FFVI