View Poll Results: What are your top five FFs?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy

6 27.27%
  • Final Fantasy II

1 4.55%
  • Final Fantasy III

1 4.55%
  • Final Fantasy IV

13 59.09%
  • Final Fantasy V

9 40.91%
  • Final Fantasy VI

14 63.64%
  • Final Fantasy VII

10 45.45%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

9 40.91%
  • Final Fantasy IX

13 59.09%
  • Final Fantasy X

8 36.36%
  • Final Fantasy XI

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XII

11 50.00%
  • Final Fantasy XIII

4 18.18%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

4 18.18%
  • Other

5 22.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Male EoFFers Only

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nom nom nom Male EoFFers Only

For the guys of the forum, what are your top five favorite FF games and why? A poll will be provided.

From the poll, XII and XIII.
    My 'others' are X-2, XIII-2 and Lightning Returns.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

5,7,8,9,10-2

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

*Sticks out tongue and looks down front of pants* ok I qualify to respond to this poll. Here is my top 5

5. Final Fantasy IV. It opened the series up to a lot of unique things in games that became a staple of the series. It was the first one in NA to really come into its own and open up the way for newer titles.

4. Final Fantasy VIII. It did a good job of walking the line between old school FF while introducing the new style that debuted in VII. In the end it is probably the strangest entry, but enjoyable.

3. Final Fantasy X. One mini game almost made this the best FF ever... BLITZBALL! Teach us how to Blitz! Also brought us the infamous "Heathen stay away from the summoner!"

2.Final Fantasy VI. This game had a great Story, and a greater germicidal villian who had to be stopped. It had two hidden playable people and had stuff so well hidden you were finding stuff years latter as you learned new things. It was a great title to play.

1. Final Fantasy VII. Though I haven't finished this game yet, I put it number one for the simple reason of EOFF. That is right, it brought many of you guys t the series which has made our online community so great. It can be blamed for marriages, babies, love, and new friendships. If have to put this as number one. Without it who would be here now reading this?

Hounorable mentions:

Final Fantasy. It is what brought me to the series as a child when I was given the wrong game rental at the video store. It didn't make my top 5 due to it being more nostalgia love then a solid game.

Final Fantasy Tatics. It got cut from the list to make room for Final Fantasy VII, however if you haven't plays this game yet be prepared to love every story line in it as it was just so great to play!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

5: IV. i like IV because it was fun and it looked cool having 5 members. The music is pretty good too. the story is alright not the best. but most of all it had Proto-Galuf (Tellah) (on the psp version his face pic looks like Dr Robotnik. +1 to ff iv)

4: XII. being the latest FF game i played i thought i was gonna hate it. but oho no. it was amazing. well i didnt understand much my first time lol. like selling loot. didnt realize that till the sandsea part. i liked the LP stuff and gambits were fun. also i actually liked all the characters. yes. including "IM BASCH!". also i love Bangaa. except sadly FFXII has the second saddest scene ever. in the dungeons an innocent Bangaa is beaten to death. as the bangaa gasps for help, Vaan "bravely" says "No!, stop!" hmph. wimp. dont like him anymore.

3: VI. The first FF i completed. i was so proud i beat that game one time. but then Liquiflame came into being sometime later. well to be short. the story is great, the characters are mostly great (notgau). and the villain is funny but cruel. thank god theres no kittens near him. also the new perspectuve when flying an airship is epic.

2: V. A funny wee game with an epic job system, allright story, great characters (Galuf) and if your getting bored of the dark colours of... uh.. EVERY FF. then put in FFV and see the colours flow! also Exdeath is awesome.

1: IX. It is a game of great proportions. with the greatest of characters, the awesome cutscenes, engaging story, and the best OST Of all the FF Games. also its the one im best at :3

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

V is my all time favorite. I love everything about it; the job system, the characters, the music. It's just so much fun.
    XIV is in a very close second. There's just so much to do and I love every minute of it.
    IV was my first one, after Mystic Quest. So it holds a sentimental spot.
    IX is just an all around great game.
    X is the first game I ever broke 100 hours on. And it has my favorite normal battle theme of the series.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

FFXII
    FFX
    FFX-2
    FFVIII
    FFV

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

FFTA is my all-time favorite, with FFT very high up, but since the "other" category doesn't do them justice, I'll give you my top 5 main games. In chronological order.

FFIV - the most classic FF I can think of. Really, when I think FF, IV just seems to be the one that sums up the series the most. Though it wasn't until the DS remake that I really appreciated this game. I loved how all characters had set jobs that were actually worked into the story, how the party composition rotated along the way. It was just a very nice, cohesive experience with all elements of the game working together to really make something memorable. Also, this is the only main title with a five-member party. Why hasn't this become a more frequent thing?

FFV - I loved the job system SO MUUUUUUCH!!!!!!! Also, I really enjoyed how silly and self-aware the story was. I loved the interactions with the characters, and the multiple worlds. And for all it's silliness, this game had some surprising, hard-hitting story elements. The stakes were really high and some scenes were very emotional, which was really cool.

FFVI - easily the darkest game in the series, as well as one of the most artistically interesting. I loved the mood whiplash with very dark scenes being juxtaposed with some absurd humor elements. While the game was a bit too easy for my taste, it's definitely one of my favorite games of all time for how well it created its atmosphere, how quirky the characters were, and overall for shifting the genre in a direction that made it want to be more than just a video game.

FFIX - I squeed with glee when I played it for the first time. It felt really nice to get a throwback to the old games (not that I didn't enjoy VII and VIII), in so many ways. Four-character parties were a welcome return to the series roots, and while we didn't get a job system this time, the characters are designed in a way that really brings back memories of those games with those classes, and I really enjoyed the point-based ability system as well. The story also nicely juxtaposes vivid, colorful, storybook like visuals, with an actually poignant story about dealing with life and death.

FFXII - this was a revolution in so many ways, and I'm so glad the backlash against this has died down. The combat was one of the most fun I'd had in years, with a really ground-breaking AI system where you got to design all your AI scripts from the ground up. I also loved the exploration of the world, which was huge, if still segmented, but still beautiful and immersive, with tons of lore to keep you captivated. And I really liked the more distanced and subtle take on the story and characters, who really broke the mold of the JRPG formula that had become really annoying and stale at that point. Definitely my favorite numbered game.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Voted a while ago, so I guess I should post. It took me a bit to decide my top five because I haven't played any Final Fantasys in a while other than IX and I felt like my choices don't have much weight because I don't remember them as well.

My number one remains Final Fantasy IX.

2nd I was deciding between IV and VIII and decided to go with IV.

3rd I went with XII

4th I decided to go with VIII

and 5th I went with X.

I really want to replay these along with others someday.

VI - The original game that pushed the boundaries, before CT came along and pushed the boundaries more-so. 16 bit was where it was at. The music, the writing. A lovably psychotic character, a massive cast of likable characters that were all properly developed and explored, given realistic, believable and relateable personalities. One of the best opening crawls of any game, that still holds up artistically. And that music *drool*

VII - I don't know what kind of spell this game cast on me. I played a little bit of it, and then I bought it. Without even yet owning the console it went to, I had to own the game. And once I was able to play it fully,I beat it in 30+ hours over a glorious week or two on a lovely summer night. And then spent another 30+ hours doing all the side crap. And then spent another 30+ hours just going insane and maxing everything out, finding every little thing. Good lord. It's a 30 hour game, and I put like 120 hours into it on the first run. I loved everything about it for some reason. The lego characters, the hypnotic music, the industrial punk atmosphere, the charmingly caricature characters. THE MINI GAMES. The epic boss battles. Ugh what became of my life

XII - If I'd have answered this poll a couple weeks ago, I wouldn't have yet realized how good this game actually is. I still would have been clouded by delusions that it was a poor excuse for an Offline FFO/FFXI riddled with a Tidus complex and splattered with shoe-horned in make-believe Star Wars species/aliens. Truly enjoying how wrong I was. Fairly mature and respectable plot, likable, and memorable characters, an amusing battle system where I don't have to feel like I'm grinding too much, because my characters are generally smart enough to take care of themselves, and then I can just enjoy the world and wander around, talk to people, progress the plot, and take over any fight, any time I want to. Outside of Bravely Default's ability to turn off random encounters this is really the next best thing. Or probably even better, since I'm not shooting my levels in the foot, and still keeping pace with the plots and able to stand up to bosses when they show up. Plus a nuclear explosion quite literally just went off in a Final Fantasy game. Would blow up again

IV - The first big, deep, real JRPG I probably ever played. I was a Sega boy growing up, and as good as Light Crusader, Landstalker, and Shining in the Darkness were, they weren't exactly the prototypical JRPG. I played a lot of tactical Shining Force long before playing a real true JRPG. And it took everything I loved about FF1 and grew upon it. And sure, so did 2 and 3, but I didn't get around to them until years later, and they were sadly too primitive at the time for me to properly enjoy. FFIV came around at a good time when I was ready to embrace that change, and before it got too old. Outside of the music, and some memorable locations and boss battles, I don't think it holds up quite as well for me today, so my enjoyment is mostly nostalgia and respect, but damn there was some good music; as well as some pretty touching sacrifices amongst the cast, moot as they may be by the end

I - Pure nostalgic joy. It was simple, but amusing, and something still magical about what they achieved with so little. Great music, captivating atmosphere, fun fights and bosses, and really really weird plot for its time. A+

Articles
    Blog Entries

5. IV
    4. VI
    3. XII
    2. IX
    1. VII