Thread: Appreciating the craftsmanship.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Eureka! Appreciating the craftsmanship.

Is there any form of media that you find yourself enjoying the craftsmanship of the product more than the product itself? For example, when listening to a song, do you just appreciate the song because it sounds good and makes you feel or are you the type who enjoys the composition of the track and how the musician utilized different elements like harmony, melody, measure, use of say atonal measures and so forth?

Another example would be watching a film and appreciating the lightning, cinematography, acting, editing, direction, and special effects more than just the actual story?

This isn't to say you don't enjoy the completed project, I'm simply asking if some people enjoy how the elements that make up the whole come together is sometimes more interesting for you than the product itself.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Gotto be Star Wars. Just the lightsabers alone make me go wild. The rest kinda became secondary.

Definitely music. Every time I listen to a song I concentrate on a different part of it because of how it all adds up. I have no musical talent so it's fascinating to me