Thread: Do Movies Like These Deserve Negative Reputations?...

Default Do Movies Like These Deserve Negative Reputations?...

....Specifically Dark Knight Rises, Man of Steel, Amazing Spider-Man and Amazing Spider-Man 2? Do they deserve everything that they get? Or do they get a bad rep?

Articles
    Blog Entries

This is like the third time I've seen you say that The Dark Knight Rises is bad or has a bad reputation. You realise it's got pretty overwhelmingly positive reviews and performed great at the box office right? The only real negative I consistently hear about it is that is wasn't as good as The Dark Knight, which it wasn't, but in my opinion neither was any other superhero film ever, so I don't consider that a strike against it.

No, they don't deserve any "bad press", but you can't make everybody happy. Especially when it comes to comic based movies, the comic nerds seem to suffer the greatest "butt hurt".

I'm just glad that these movies are being made. It beats having a bunch of '60's "teeny bopper" beach movie remakes. Tell me I'm wrong.

My only gripe, they aren't pumping these DC movies out fast enough. I feel that I'm owed a good half dozen over the last 10.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I really didn't like Man of Steel but it wasn't the worst film I've seen by any stretch. The other three films you mentioned range from very good to outstanding.

I don't think any film should get a negative rating. If you don't like those movies then you are definitely in a small minority.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The Dark Knight Rises is good and most people think it is good, as has been said in this thread. Man of Steel and The Amazing Spider-Man are ok and probably don't deserve all the negative attention they get (which I haven't noticed but I don't pay attention to these things). Amazing Spider-Man 2 is pretty bad though.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I'll go through the movies you listed one at a time. First, I thought The Dark Knight Rises was a very good film. Maybe not as good as The Dark Knight, but I thought it was more relevant to the trilogy's overall story than TDK. I've only seen Man of Steel once, but I wasn't impressed by it. Clark was likable as a child who's afraid of his powers, but other than that, it was just hard to relate to Superman's character. Finally, The Amazing Spider-Man & TASM2. While they weren't the best comic book films out there, I thought the cast, especially Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, was what saved the movies. IMHO, the two had great chemistry, especially compared to the zero chemistry between Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst, whose performances I wasn't especially fond of anyway.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I haven't yet seen Man of Steel, so I'll refrain from commenting on it.

I loved TDKR. I thought Bane was great & liked the whole resurrection of Batman plot.

TASM was better than I thought it would be. TASM2 is a better movie than a lot of people give credit for it.