Thread: Prequels or Sequels

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Smash Prequels or Sequels

Would you actually be interested in sequels or prequels to this game?

You know a prequel either about the Dawn Warriors or perhaps the Legendary Heroes who stopped Enuo? How about a sequel based on Legend of the Crystals or maybe something entirely new?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

id take either of those. especially the Fight against Enuo!

Blog Entries

This is not the Final Fantasy I would want a sequel for. However, they seem to like to make sequels for the ones I don't want them to make sequels for, so FF5 probably will get a sequel by that logic.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Prequel!

Honestly, the only sequels I care about are X-2 and the XIII sequels. It seems like the XIII series was made to be a trilogy rather than an afterthought so I think it's more than justified. As for X-2, we could have done without it, but I can't deny I kinda like how ridiculous and perky it is. It's the exception to my personal opinion on FF sequels.

I've never cared about the VII spin-offs. My sister bought Dirge of Cerberus so that's the only reason I played it. I also have never cared about Final Fantasy IV: Interlude or After Years. Final Fantasy IV is easily my least favourite in the series anyway, and so in this case that's a contributing factor as to why I don't care. I only bought the PSP compilation because I think it has best version of IV. I haven't touched the sequels yet and I may never do so.

So in short, as awesome a game as Final Fantasy V is, my desire to play a prequel or sequel to said game is next to none.