View Poll Results: Who should receive the item?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heroes!

5 35.71%
  • Villains!

9 64.29%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heroes and Villains - GIVE AN ITEM - Ice Crystal

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Attachment 67311

"Noble NPCs! Hear our call! The treacherous villains have united to rid the world of Rhythmia! The ice crystal will help us restore Rhythm to the crystals, balancing the-

Oh, goodness, wrong universe. *cough* The ice crystal will be of great benefit in our cause. The evil god of discord, Chaos, has summoned evil villains to seize control of the ten crystals through insidious use of manikins. Without your support, we will-

Not that one either? Well, this is new. We're stuck in a forum? EoFF, is it called? Wait, people know about us? They discuss our adventures and debate the minor details of our stories? What a strange universe I have set foot upon. But no matter. Regardless of which universe I may find myself in, there will always be evildoers who will seek to spread darkness across the land! I can sense it here already, evil creeping across this digital landscape. The ice crystal will surely freeze the villains, and allow us heroes to fight back and defend you all from certain doom!"
    I enjoyed this plea the best. Step up your game, Villians.

How you doin'?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

For letting the Heroes win, I shall now use my powers to harm the turtles...

BEHOLD THEIR NEW FORMS!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Look what the villains did to your beloved childhood! LOOK!

Do not support this cruelty.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Look what the villains did to your beloved childhood! LOOK!

Do not support this cruelty.
    MWHAHAHAHA! Jem will be next...

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I couldn't see the light so I decided to taste life on the other side, and voted for the Villains. I feel dirty, but it also felt kinda good.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    *Liam O'Brien voice* Hey. You know you want to give it to me.
    Your velvety voice does make a persuasive argument. However...

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    "Noble NPCs! Hear our call! The treacherous villains have united to rid the world of Rhythmia! The ice crystal will help us restore Rhythm to the crystals, balancing the-

Oh, goodness, wrong universe. *cough* The ice crystal will be of great benefit in our cause. The evil god of discord, Chaos, has summoned evil villains to seize control of the ten crystals through insidious use of manikins. Without your support, we will-

Not that one either? Well, this is new. We're stuck in a forum? EoFF, is it called? Wait, people know about us? They discuss our adventures and debate the minor details of our stories? What a strange universe I have set foot upon. But no matter. Regardless of which universe I may find myself in, there will always be evildoers who will seek to spread darkness across the land! I can sense it here already, evil creeping across this digital landscape. The ice crystal will surely freeze the villains, and allow us heroes to fight back and defend you all from certain doom!"
    Formy really has put gone the extra mile on this one. Sorry villains, but my vote goes to the heroes.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It seems you have all been taken in by Firion's stuttering, feeble address. It is left to I, Kefka, to point out that despite a hint of eloquence, this speech was severely lacking in substance. Ignoring the first two paragraphs which were garbage, the final one only really displays Firion's confusion. "Where am I? What is this place?" Do you really want someone in charge this clueless? He ends this speech with an extremely vague "Oooh there are baddies, give us this item and we'll freeze 'em!" I can assure all of you, we have much more to offer.

The first thing we can guarantee under our reign will be excitement. Imagine playing a Final Fantasy game and every NPC you talk to just wander around their village saying things like "All is well" or "I am happy" or the classic "..." How is that enjoyable? Surely, you would much rather they ran around the village with their arse on fire shouting "The Beast of Baking Powder has torched our village! Please find a piece-of-crap bracelet in a random cave to magically kill it!". Haha, much fun and frolics!

Also, when the good guys are in charge, what do they inevitably do? They sit on their thrones in their big castles doing absolutely bugger all. As villains, we make ourselves available to the public. On lots of occasions we are seen visiting towns across the land. True, we are generally there to torture the towns inhabitants but have you asked your average NPC what they really think about BDSM?

Finally, we can ensure that all public transport will run on time. TO THE SECOND. If not, the offending workers will be dismembered and have their limbs ground up and fed to chocobos. You will never be late for work again.

As you can see, we have actual promises as opposed to vaguely mumbling "We'll get the baddies for you!" Vote Villains for the Final Fantasy experience that you all know and love!

~Kefka
    Last edited by Bubba; 02-23-2016 at 10:15 AM.

I went with Villains because saving the world shouldn't be easy.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Zanmato View Post
    I went with Villains because saving the world shouldn't be easy.
    Of course

How can you feel satisfaction from a victory without first experiencing complete and utter despair?

The longing for a speck of hope

The conflict

You claim you want a happy ending, but truth be told, you all revel in suffering. It's your escapist fantasy of sinking deep into darkness before a hero comes to your aid.

Is that not what mortals feel...?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    It seems you have all been taken in by Firion's stuttering, feeble address. It is left to I, Kefka, to point out that despite a hint of eloquence, this speech was severely lacking in substance. Ignoring the first two paragraphs which were garbage, the final one only really displays Firion's confusion. "Where am I? What is this place?" Do you really want someone in charge this clueless? He ends this speech with an extremely vague "Oooh there are baddies, give us this item and we'll freeze 'em!" I can assure all of you, we have much more to offer.

The first thing we can guarantee under our reign will be excitement. Imagine playing a Final Fantasy game and every NPC you talk to just wander around their village saying things like "All is well" or "I am happy" or the classic "..." How is that enjoyable? Surely, you would much rather they ran around the village with their arse on fire shouting "The Beast of Baking Powder has torched our village! Please find a piece-of-crap bracelet in a random cave to magically kill it!". Haha, much fun and frolics!

Also, when the good guys are in charge, what do they inevitably do? They sit on their thrones in their big castles doing absolutely bugger all. As villains, we make ourselves available to the public. On lots of occasions we are seen visiting towns across the land. True, we are generally there to torture the towns inhabitants but have you asked your average NPC what they really think about BDSM?

Finally, we can ensure that all public transport will run on time. TO THE SECOND. If not, the offending workers will be dismembered and have their limbs ground up and fed to chocobos. You will never be late for work again.

As you can see, we have actual promises as opposed to vaguely mumbling "We'll get the baddies for you!" Vote Villains for the Final Fantasy experience that you all know and love!

~Kefka
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Of course

How can you feel satisfaction from a victory without first experiencing complete and utter despair?

The longing for a speck of hope

The conflict

You claim you want a happy ending, but truth be told, you all revel in suffering. It's your escapist fantasy of sinking deep into darkness before a hero comes to your aid.

Is that not what mortals feel...?
    You see, if you guys had pulled out this quality of plea earlier, I would have voted for you.

Be more quick on the draw ext time, guys.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Line 8. I am a rare blue

Blog Entries

"I hate happy endings. So, villains
    of Final Fantasy, have my vote."

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

As Rin Heartily is now drafted into the game, I have to discount her vote...

The Heroes and Villains are still even.... Come on, someone break that tie! Less than a day left!

EDIT: Never mind, tie is broken! Can the Heroes catch up and take over? Or will this be a soaring victory for the Villains?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh crap, someone please strike off my vote.

T'was an accident!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Okay so taking off Rin and Bubba's votes still gives the Villains.... 7 votes!

The Villains win!