Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just to talk

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Hey now, Night Fury (and Pheesh) worked hard on this event and there's just been some real life things getting in the way. Hosting and running events isn't the easiest thing in the world, and there's a lot of pressure on just one individual to keep things going - negativity such as that doesn't help.

Heck, the reason it died down was because Matt and I went to America, and they were nice enough to put a short hiatus on it because the hero team was down ~3 members while we were in attendance at Jinx's wedding. So if you must blame someone, blame us - but cut the hosts some slack.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Hey now, Night Fury (and Pheesh) worked hard on this event and there's just been some real life things getting in the way. Hosting and running events isn't the easiest thing in the world, and there's a lot of pressure on just one individual to keep things going - negativity such as that doesn't help.

Heck, the reason it died down was because Matt and I went to America, and they were nice enough to put a short hiatus on it because the hero team was down ~3 members while we were in attendance at Jinx's wedding. Cut them some slack.
    i get that, but then they should tell us that again.
    a couple of days ago they said 'hiatus is over, here is a new challenge' and next thing we dont hear anything whatsoever for a couple of days.

i find it a bit frustrating since we are not getting any information at all
    Last edited by Shaibana; 03-16-2016 at 04:30 PM.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

maybe it... it isnt dead.?

maybe we uh just wait a little more right?

no one is to blame, not even me. we uh um... just wait?

Just uh dont blame anyone if it makes them feel bad. thats why i should be blamed, im too negative. im used to it anyway so i wont feel much bad anyway, especially when im blaming myself
    Last edited by Galuf; 03-16-2016 at 05:23 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm fine with them taking however long they need. I'm sure they have their reasons for delaying the game. Whenever they do find the time, I'll be glad to get back into it.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post

Heck, the reason it died down was because Matt and I went to America, and they were nice enough to put a short hiatus on it because the hero team was down ~3 members while we were in attendance at Jinx's wedding. Cut them some slack.
    i get that, but then they should tell us that again.
    a couple of days ago they said 'hiatus is over, here is a new challenge' and next thing we dont hear anything whatsoever for a couple of days.

i find it a bit frustrating since we are not getting any information at all
    My nana has been in intensive care in hospital over the last two weeks so I've been preoccupied. I have tried to get the event going, by extending the invite for the Highwind challenge which was never taken up. I just haven't had time. I'm going to have to end the event though, I wanted to get the Thunderdomes done, but I never got proper confirmation from this team of who was going up (or if I did I missed it! I know somewhere I was told Karifean was going to do it but I wasnt' sure if it was for Highwind or the Thunderdome)

I think taking the break killed it, but I know Pheesh was feeling burnt out after the practice Thunderdomes and stuff.

I'm annoyed because I spent so long planning it and thought I'd have a tight schedule, but by the time I had it all sorted with Pheesh, he was going back to Aus and the Wedding happened. So it was a combination of being bad timing for those hosting and participating, and the unexpected windfall of my Nana almost dying, so yeah. I'm very sorry to all who were enjoying the event. I don't see a way of getting it running back up, and I'm just so upset I've failed it. I just wanted to complete it because I know that people just see that I have these ideas that end up not happening, and I drop the ball a lot. I know people just know me as the one who gets burnt out and stuff, and I wanted this to be different.

So yeah, there you all go. I'll see Psychotic about getting the forums taken back down as there is a queue of events now waiting to be started etc etc.

I guess the event is dead, I really wanted it finished and done by Wednesday - it's now past Wednesday. So I'm just going to have to ask for it to be finished.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Damn....

oh well i understand. I'm sorry, i shouldve participated more.

but um... i... i'll keep the emblems so no one forgets.
    sorry

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It never rains, it pours and all that.

I'm not having a go or anything, I am genuinely sorry for a lack of communication. I really should have thought through the event more and took into consideration at the time the Wedding and Pheesh going back to Aus!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
    It never rains, it pours and all that.

I'm not having a go or anything, I am genuinely sorry for a lack of communication. I really should have thought through the event more and took into consideration at the time the Wedding and Pheesh going back to Aus!
    i only hope you dont let it get to you. because i loved the event, and im sure everyone else did too.
    maybe there will be a next time

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

It's not your fault, sometimes the timing of things just falls apart. I mean, this is absolutely something you can put to the side for the moment and bring back later when things have settled down a bit in your life, because you've done all the groundwork for this, and a lot of the ideas weren't actually put into practice this time around.

I hope you don't beat yourself up too much about it, because we all enjoyed what we got to take part in.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'll just have to say that for the short while it lasted I was having a blast. Between the riddling, the trashtalking and coming up with the most creative ideas, I was really feeling the friendly competitive spirit and as you may have noticed, I got really into it Certainly it's sad to see it end like this, but hey, if you ever look back on it, come up with some more ideas and get the itch to start it anew, I'll gladly participate again.

Thanks, Night Fury!