Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Soap

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Clearly the Heroes are just cowards.

I declare victory for the Villains in the first Thunderdome by default!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've poked them about it.

I'm probably going to do 2-3 Thunderdomes today to catch up on the missed days. I WANT this to be finished by Wednesday. I WILL NOT FAIL THIS EVENT!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Heroes are getting itchy, despite them being the hold up, just c+p-ing a conversationg that has taken place over there, for everyone elses benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Hey now, Night Fury (and Pheesh) worked hard on this event and there's just been some real life things getting in the way. Hosting and running events isn't the easiest thing in the world, and there's a lot of pressure on just one individual to keep things going - negativity such as that doesn't help.

Heck, the reason it died down was because Matt and I went to America, and they were nice enough to put a short hiatus on it because the hero team was down ~3 members while we were in attendance at Jinx's wedding. Cut them some slack.
    i get that, but then they should tell us that again.
    a couple of days ago they said 'hiatus is over, here is a new challenge' and next thing we dont hear anything whatsoever for a couple of days.

i find it a bit frustrating since we are not getting any information at all
    My nana has been in intensive care in hospital over the last two weeks so I've been preoccupied. I have tried to get the event going, by extending the invite for the Highwind challenge which was never taken up. I just haven't had time. I'm going to have to end the event though, I wanted to get the Thunderdomes done, but I never got proper confirmation from this team of who was going up (or if I did I missed it! I know somewhere I was told Karifean was going to do it but I wasnt' sure if it was for Highwind or the Thunderdome)

I think taking the break killed it, but I know Pheesh was feeling burnt out after the practice Thunderdomes and stuff.

I'm annoyed because I spent so long planning it and thought I'd have a tight schedule, but by the time I had it all sorted with Pheesh, he was going back to Aus and the Wedding happened. So it was a combination of being bad timing for those hosting and participating, and the unexpected windfall of my Nana almost dying, so yeah. I'm very sorry to all who were enjoying the event. I don't see a way of getting it running back up, and I'm just so upset I've failed it. I just wanted to complete it because I know that people just see that I have these ideas that end up not happening, and I drop the ball a lot. I know people just know me as the one who gets burnt out and stuff, and I wanted this to be different.

So yeah, there you all go. I'll see Psychotic about getting the forums taken back down as there is a queue of events now waiting to be started etc etc.

I guess the event is dead, I really wanted it finished and done by Wednesday - it's now past Wednesday. So I'm just going to have to ask for it to be finished.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm sure you'll have another opportunity to host such an event in the future

It was really fun while it lasted, though! I'll remember that rap forever, for example. And I really enjoyed the practice fights!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well I have all the tools for the battle game, I'd love to have a go at running it again in the future - maybe with less daily challenges and just straight into battles. Idk, I just tried to do something different and urgh lots of horrible life things happened at once. Typical - only been planning it for 2 years and the time I do run it all this happens. raaaaaaaaagh

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'll sort the forums etc., but I will not accept the use of the word failed. Everyone who participated had a smurfing fantastic time. Yeah, okay, fine, it's fizzled out and we didn't have the grand finale. The battles were never the fun thing about this though. The fun part was the working together as a team to try to smurf the heroes up - the rap battle, figuring out the riddles, posting dumb and silly rumours. The two of you have given a dozen people fun, and if that's a failure then I say fail more often.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Hahah I did also - to use DK's words - bodybag Laddy in that thread

And yeah, it was great fun, and hopefully in the future I can resurrect it and get it finished next time! Thanks

That rap battle will smurfing live ON.

Articles

when has dan ever said that xD

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Articles

hahahahahaha holy trout i can't believe i missed that! I think it was when I was on the train back from Leeds. Damn.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Sorry about this lads and ladies. Real life stuff just kicked me in the nuts from the moment I got back to Australia. Add that to how much harder it gets to communicate with Night Fury cause of time zone and work, and the whole thing just sorta fizzled out on my part. I'm happy if anyone got some enjoyment out of this while it lasted and maybe when both hosts are back on the same continent we can try revive this thing.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Echoing what Psychotic said, no way is this regarded as a failure. I had an absolute blast with this! The riddles were awesome, rap battle was epic and it engaged chat in some of the lower forums. You guys did an awesome job!

I'm keeping my ultimate weapon for the next time you guys do this though

Articles

So.... how do you guys feel about getting access to the hero forum, storming in, trashing the place and generally causing mayhem?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

LET'S DO IT!!!!

It would be in keeping with our villainous ways.