Thread: Change Log

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Change Log

Not sure if this thread will see much use, but now that the game has been going for a while and we've continued to observe practice battles, any changes made to abilities, items or stats will be placed in here so as to avoid confusion. If changes are made they will be due to balancing issues, where Night Fury or myself feel a particular aspect of the game is over or under powered.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If I may make a suggestion. Void kind of feels like a move I can completely waste if I use it when the opponent doesn't have to worry about abilities or items at the moment. The fact it delays the use of said abilities as oppose to neutralize means that it's just a delay tactic at best. I was wondering if in the future it can be modfied to either let me choose one thing (first item use, character ability) that is neutralized whenever the opponent finally gets around to using it, or allow me to use the skill out of turn as a one time no-sell when a character does use an item/ability. Just my two cents.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I would offer that Void could perhaps be used as something that can 'Void' a consumable item? So, if they have a Hi-Potion they can no longer use it if you choose to void it, but again it really depends on what that person has and if they even have any items.

Let me have a think on it!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I just refreshed this thread, as I was working on the change log while moderating your fight, and WK your suggestion was exactly what I had written up for your ability. I do also like NF's suggestion though.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Do I have to state I'm using the Void first or can it just be an auto-ability since it doesn't garner me any stat changes?

i.e. Void is active once the battle starts and I don't have to activate it on the off chance my opponent goes first and uses their item (like an offensive item) because it may still make my skill situational at best if I have to activate it. Granted I agree it should be a one time deal.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Changes 23-02-16

-Changed Exdeath's ability VOID. Though the ability's effect stays the same, VOID no longer costs Exdeath a move. He may use VOID at the beginning of his turn and then use an item or play a stat as part of that same turn. This is to allow it to be used in more situations as it could be seen as a waste of a turn and too 'niche' an ability to see regular use in battle, leaving him at a disadvantage to other characters that will use their ability every game. This will hopefully allow VOID to fit it's intended use, which is a means to end a match quickly. When using VOID Exdeath can strike with a high damage stat and prevent his opponent from healing or using abilities directly afterwards.

-Changed Ultros's ability ACID RAIN. It no longer does -5 endless additive damage to all 5 of his opponents stats and will instead take a consistent -10 from all 5 of his opponent's stats at the end of their turn. This no longer allows Ultros to draw out a battle himself and still benefit from his opponent taking massive hits to their stats, and will instead force the opposing player to alter their strategy to play quickly and try to end the match in as few turns as possible. The goal is that ACID RAIN will deter opponents from using their own abilities and items while still providing Ultros with a minimal stat advantage.