Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cloud and Aerith: What Couldve Been (SPOILERS)

[QUOTE=Sephiroth;3598262]
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post

But it's a mistake to say Aerith only liked Cloud because he reminded her of Zack. That's how it started off but soon she wanted to see the "real" Cloud. It's important to remember, and this is a thing a lot of people legitimately forget it seems, that Cloud is NOT a 1:1 copy of Zack. He has some of Zack's memories but his "fake personality" is nothing like Zack's. It's something he made up, probably trying to emulate his hero Sephiroth or the ideal SOLDIER.

Cloud had, at most, superficial similarities to Zack and Aerith spotted those. But she was perceptive enough, and there was enough "real Cloud" in the "fake Cloud" that she was attracted to something more than those superficial details.
    Exactly. Cloud was confabulating and Aerith very well was able to differentiate between the characteristics he added to his personality and the remaining original characteristics that he did not supress. She wanted him to be fully restored and aware of how he normally is though and aware of his own life, with all the supressed part back on the surface and meet him in his fully restored condition.
    Yes, I think this way too. Other than the spiky hair and uniform Cloud and Zack do not resemble eachother, Cloud's confidence and assertion that he was part of SOLDIER was initially what Aeris was drawn to but she establishes that the two of them are very different early on in the game and declares that she wants to see the real Cloud, which just further intensifies her curiosity and interest in Cloud later on.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

What you talking 'bout? i wouldnt of went with any of them.
    maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Galuf View Post
    maybe
    We know your true love is that chocolate marshmallow sailor Barret.

But it's a mistake to say Aerith only liked Cloud because he reminded her of Zack. That's how it started off but soon she wanted to see the "real" Cloud. It's important to remember, and this is a thing a lot of people legitimately forget it seems, that Cloud is NOT a 1:1 copy of Zack. He has some of Zack's memories but his "fake personality" is nothing like Zack's. It's something he made up, probably trying to emulate his hero Sephiroth or the ideal SOLDIER.

Cloud had, at most, superficial similarities to Zack and Aerith spotted those. But she was perceptive enough, and there was enough "real Cloud" in the "fake Cloud" that she was attracted to something more than those superficial details.
    ^ Everything about this.

Aerith desired to know the real Cloud and was highly admired by the idea of becoming his future wife when Cait Sith made his prediction about Cloud/ Aerith's future in the Temple of the Ancients. She didn't want Zack 2.0 she wanted Cloud Strife. She saw some of the real Cloud within him and wanted more.

Cloud and Zack look alike but they are more like the Final Fantasy version of Ken & Ryu- they look alike, but they are completely different in personality and FF VII OG ! Cloud doesn't act really like Zack at all, just acts like what he thinks/ believes how a Solider would act- smug, heartless and confident. Zack is a womanizer, playful and outgoing.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by Rin Heartilly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Galuf View Post
    maybe
    We know your true love is that chocolate marshmallow sailor Barret.
    D-damn... how did you know?

huahahahaha Go get him Cloud!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post

Everyone knows, honey
    I think this thread has turned into a gay bar. Ooo la la!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

There's nothing gay about appreciating Barrett's ass. It is fiiiiine

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midgar Mist View Post
    I think he couldve chosen Aerith.
    You, I like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    Tifa would be better for Cloud.
    i liked Aerith more in Crisis Core :3
    + Aerith likes cloud because she see's Zack in him
    so Zack x Aerith
    Sure, if Zack was alive, this would've been best. But he isn't. And that wasn't the hypothetical situation. Is Aerith not allowed to love after he died? That's silly.

And of course, if she liked Zack, why wouldn't she like someone else like him? That's normal. It's what people do in real life as well.

I also agree that CloudxTifa is the BFF vibe all the way. It's the "childhood friend" thing that Japanese seem to love, but we all know it never works out.

Zack being alive is a totally unnecessary to consider hypothetical situation. It would have resulted in Cloud not confabulating the same way when he met Tifa again and therefore turned out completely different on so many levels.

Let's all just go with CloudxTifaxZackxAerith.

Stop limiting yourself with societal norms. Who says these four can't all be together?

Blog Entries

Let's all just go with CloudxTifaxZackxAerithxBarret.

Stop limiting yourself with societal norms. Who says these four can't all be together?
    Fix'd

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Midgar Mist View Post
    I think he couldve chosen Aerith.
    You, I like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    Tifa would be better for Cloud.
    i liked Aerith more in Crisis Core :3
    + Aerith likes cloud because she see's Zack in him
    so Zack x Aerith
    Sure, if Zack was alive, this would've been best. But he isn't. And that wasn't the hypothetical situation. Is Aerith not allowed to love after he died? That's silly.

And of course, if she liked Zack, why wouldn't she like someone else like him? That's normal. It's what people do in real life as well.

I also agree that CloudxTifa is the BFF vibe all the way. It's the "childhood friend" thing that Japanese seem to love, but we all know it never works out.
    If the childhood friend thing was actually realistic I would be shacked up with Mark Rodley right about now. And he's a PE Teacher

Quote Originally Posted by starlet View Post
    Let's all just go with CloudxTifaxZackxAerithxBarret x Mukki

Fix'd
    Fix'd even more