Thread: Megadeth

Default Megadeth

So quick mention of my history of interest in metal music. All started back in high school where I was a huge Slayer fan. Slayer of course was one of the "Big Four" of Thrash Metal along with Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax. Well I still love Slayer but I moved onto Megadeth once I started to listen to more of them. Part of this was the simple fact I became a huge Dave Mustaine fan. I thought, and still do, that he's a really cool dude. I think he's one of the best lyricists in rock or metal history.
    If I had to pick a few songs that I could say "that... that is me" A Tout le Monde would be one of them.

Moving on is a simple thing
    What is leaves behind is hard
    You know the sleeping feel no more pain
    But the living are scarred

I think Youthansasia is an underrated album in general.

I think Dave's vocals are...a love it or hate it kinda thing, ya know? What do you think? I dunno if I'd say he's a good vocalist per se but he's distinctive at least.

But yeah, I'm not quite the metalhead I once was. I mainly just listen to the stuff I listened to back in high school. Some Megadeth, Nightwish, Slayer, and some others. But I still love them all to pieces. Last new album by them I heard was Endgame which many agreed was their best post-Mustaine's injury but I preferred The System Has Failed.

How about you all? I heard Megadeth and Metallica finally patched things up so you 'tallica fans don't have to come in here and raise a stink at least.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

They're alright. I listen to them less since I've seen them live. It was a pretty sad show.

I had a metal phase in my youth. Even adopted the "Hesher" style during late 8'th/early 9'th grade. My hair was past my shoulders. My mother was so embarrassed that she once told me "don't walk beside me". This was at Vasquez Rocks, Flinstones movie set (she was an accountant, CPA, schooling, never really got her "feet wet", if that reveals anything about her mindset).

I'm a diehard Metallica fan. One of my life's milestones culminated in my father and I shouting to "Unforgiven" and "Enter Sandman" (amongst others) on our way through Topanga Canyon (Malibu)... The rest belongs in the General Chat "Fight" thread.

Anyhow, I still break out Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, etc. at the gym. Crazy "smash/kill mode", the mindset of the "Hulk".

Middle School was an odd time for me, especially when I think about music, because it was around 6~7th grade something clicked in my head and I finally began to develop musical tastes that diverged from what was popular with my peers. The most important album was Portrait of an American Family, but Countdown to Extinction was a pretty big one as well, and it was my gateway album for metal in general; it's still probably my favorite Megadeth album.