Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's Talk About Obscure RPGs

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    I don't know a single person on here who has played Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean. My attempts to extol its greatness have always fell on deaf ears.
    I have it, it's just not very high in my priority list for my backlog. I actually still have a playthrough of Tales of Symphonia, Majora's Mask, and Skies of Arcadia standing in the way of my Gamecube backlog. Luckily I busted out the Wii recently so I may finally get around to finishing some of these games.

My girlfriend waxes fondly of it from time to time, but I've never experienced it. We haven't gotten around to reacquiring it again for her yet. but it'll probably happen

Articles
    Blog Entries

There's a nice little RPG I bought for PS3 called Resonance of Fate. I don't hear it spoken about very often but I don't know if you'd class it as obscure. Either way it was a lot of fun with an interesting battle system and a different take on the world map.

I loved the characters' personalities in Resonance of Fate

There's also Mugen Souls and Mugen Souls Z, a pair of PS3 JRPGs thatare beyond shameless fanservice games. Good music and voice-acting though and fun enough combat I'd say.

I wouldn't call them good games, while Baten Kaitos is one of the best JRPGs I've ever played. I'm just bringing them up because they're pretty obscure and I fondly remember how otaku baity they were.

All you need to know is the sequel has a mechanic called Fetish Pose and that's the ideal way to defeat enemies. They each have a different kink you have to exploit.