• Other

2 9.52%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Resident Evil or Silent Hill?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Silent Hill 4 was good, but a lot different so I don't blame anyone for not being happy with it.

But since Silent Hill 1-3 are all individually better than any of the RE games the choice is pretty obvious for me.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Silent Hill for me. I've never liked zombies and neither classic or new RE has done anything to entice me. I prefer my psychological horror and more creative monsters and symbolism from SH. Better stories as well for the most part.

I have only played Resident Evil, but I want to play Silent Hill too - these are truly great series!

Blog Entries

I love Resident Evil and RE2 is one of the GOATs, I've played the pants off that game. I haven't played RE5 onward though, as it all went dudebro third person shootan and I don't care for it. RE1 is still legit scary.

I've only played Silent Hill 1 and 4. The latter I completed, it was alright I suppose. The first I loaded up once, started a new game, took one step forward then noped the hell out, turned it off and never played it again.

there was a picture here

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries

I voted other because, as a kid playing Silent Hill scared the trout out of me, so I didn't play it a lot. Where as RE and RE2 were more just fun to play, not really that scary besides things jumping out at you.

The play the same, but they're different. RE is very much a jump-scare game, where as SH is more telling with it's atmospheric environments and psychological mindf**kery.

Teenage me would say RE in this case. Just for the reason I played it more and for the terror I felt when I was 14, when I was playing RE 3 at night and had Nemesis constantly chasing me from room to room.

However, that doesn't really do anything for me now. I appreciate the psychological aspect behind horrors much more now and I would lean towards any game like Silent Hill (Was extremely hyped for Silent Hills) such as 'Allison's Road'.

If you haven't played Silent Hill. I recommend you watch 1408 and Jacob's Ladder before doing so. Great films. The latter being the basis for SH.
    Last edited by DarkMatta; 04-02-2016 at 01:33 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Resident Evil is the catalysis of my creativity. It's the game that inspired me to be creative and is responsible for where I am as a person. For that reason Silent Hill can't even compare. Resident Evil without a single doubt.