Thread: Greatest Hits

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Greatest Hits

10,000!

I try not to boast about my posts, but 10,000 is a pretty big number, so I thought I'd 'declare it'. Not the best start to a thread, but there you go.

I suppose what I'm asking is: what's been your highlights on this forum? Whether you're clocking in at 30,000+, or below 1000, what have you enjoyed the most? What events, experiences have you remembered most fondly? What people have you encountered, forged friendships with, all that stuff.

I have a few. My first memories of this place back in 2012, taking part in the EoFF Olympics. Then there were the Secret Santa events, which are now a regular thing, which is nice. I also loved doing the Community Update. Admittedly, I was not always the best at keeping to time, but I liked exploring the various sub-forums.

More recently, I've discovered a fondness for writing, and I've greatly appreciated being introduced to new series. A good deal of my posting lately has been in the writing forum, a place I rarely went into before. It's a nice change.

But over all of that, is the people I've met here. I won't spew an endless list, but pretty much, I like everyone here, and some of those are among my favourite friends. It's the sort of place that would send a box full of chocolate, books and a stuffed toy just because I was feeling down.

So, yeah. Reminisce about things. May I post even more!

Blog Entries

Last I checked I was in 3 figures for posts. And it has been a memorable 2 months. I never thought that all these amazing people could come into my lonely life and make it a happy one. I've just generally enjoyed the jokey banter but I've also appreciated the help I got in The Lifestream, particularly when I was brand new and terrified. I also feel that in some Lifestream threads I have made a difference in peoples lives with my advice. I noticed very quickly the strong staff presence who are always there to guide and support us. I've now also got the opportunity to develop my creative writing skills further.

I'm friendly with many on here but the ones I am closest to so far are: Galuf, Zanmato, Fynn, Bri and Bubba.

And of course, I've found something I never thought I would find: LOVE :-D
    Ayen is amazing and I thank the stars above I joined this site when I did. There's days I still pinch myself to convince myself this romance is real. It was December 9th when I tentatively started my first thread : 'Stepping in to Wonder Square'. I accidently triple posted, and it kicked off some banter which led to my first conversation with Ayen on that thread. I think back now, and from the word go there was a spark between us.

Thank you EoFF, you've made me feel very welcome, so I'm gonna stay and create more wonderful memories

Articles
    Blog Entries

Meeting Night Fury is obviously the biggest one. Also, how many members I've met in real life is pretty surreal, especially considering that I live so far away from so many of them.

As for actual forum stuff, I guess there's a lot, some of them are fun memories and some illustrate how serious I used to take this place when I was younger, which now makes me laugh. Fart jokes in #eoff with Night Fury, my first horrifying experience in #tot, that whole period where I ended every post with "peace out and :rock:, how legitimately mad I got when I lost a best sig ciddie to someone who just had a bunch of those dragon eggs in his sig, posting the first few chapters of an unfinished short story and being inspired to finish it that same day because of that, o_O showing me a band in chat which prompted an entire shift in my musical tastes.

The things I look back on fondly are more on the subtle side, rather than a post or thread that I made. This site was the majority of my internet interaction with people so I learned as I went, and even though I don't really act on here the way I am in real life I can say I'm happy with the way I carry myself online now. That is mostly thanks to trial and error that I conducted on this site by acting like an embarrassing tool on here for 10 years.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

the ciddies. fun times in chat. Fynns pokemon tournament, where through absolute determination, i came... 3rd? i forget. and now the heroes and villains event. i never thought id spend so much time on a website just cause i died on Liquiflame

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

http://home.eyesonff.com/content.php...-Can-We-Expect hands-down.

Possibly closely followed by: http://home.eyesonff.com/content.php...rn-Impressions (and my other patch impressions pieces)

Oh and the Eyes on FF Cosplay series too.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    http://home.eyesonff.com/content.php...-Can-We-Expect hands-down.

Possibly closely followed by: http://home.eyesonff.com/content.php...rn-Impressions (and my other patch impressions pieces)

Oh and the Eyes on FF Cosplay series too.
    I remember your Cosplay series! I really enjoyed it!

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Del's retirement for EoFF staff was a great even too!