Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
It's based on an IP, so it's not like I could make this without a cease and desist like how Square Enix has shut down fan games based on their IPs.

What's wrong with WB anyway?
Well, what I mean is, it would be very easy to make an RPG inspired by the themes from Harry Potter. Someone could make a game that felt like Harry Potter with all these elements without infringing on anything

As for WB, I don't have a definitive list on their track record, but they like to push developers to make deadlines at the cost of quality, they like to close studios for ridiculous reasons, they like to force ridiculous DLC practice, and actively encourage developers to carve out parts of the game so it can be repackaged as DLC, mostly basic EA/Activision type stuff. A couple episodes of Jimquisition can be found on YouTube with better specifics and with sources and facts cited so it's not just hearsay if you're interested. But like I said, you wouldn't really even need someone to work with them on a Harry Potter license if it was just in spirit