Both about the second entries.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

The characters in ME:2 were overall pretty excellent while there are only 2 I really like in Dragon Age so far and two I like alright.

But I am still early on as I said so that could all change. I also liked the moral dilemmas in ME more so far

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

The best thing DA:O has going for it over ME that I have seen is Dog.

We renamed Dog Hector, and Hector is awesome.

Other than that, ME seems better in most ways. DA:O seems fun too. So ME is just a strong series.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Mass Effect. ME2 Alone sells it

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I juuuust prefer DA these days, for a couple reasons; Origins is the best of the six games in question, and Inquisition didn't end with the most smurfing retarded ass ending ever.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I hated Mass Effect. Couldn't tell you why, but every time I plugged it in I took it out minutes later because I just didn't enjoy it. Dragon Age though was great. Loved the series. So DA is my vote.

Were you playing Mass Effect 1? Because it's not a very good game and you should try the others.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I'm replaying the Dragon Age series right now and I've worked my way back up to Inquisition and well, I'm having an absolute blast. I can easily say now that it's one of my favorite video game series. I'm going to replay Mass Effect afterward.

I'm going to go ahead and vote Dragon Age because, perhaps my memory has faded and my mind will change once I replay it, but I don't recall having half as much fun or sense of adventure in ME, I didn't find the relationships on offer nearly as satisfying, and I found the ending of 3 extremely disappointing (just like everyone else did ).

But again, maybe I'll appreciate it more the second time around. That's certainly been the case with DA so far.
    I like Kung-Fu.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    Were you playing Mass Effect 1? Because it's not a very good game and you should try the others.
    I tried ME one, two, and three. Just didn't like them. I know I'm in the minority with this but I just couldn't stand a single second of it. Faye it may have been a voice actor that bugged me, or I've never been into space sci-fi so it may just be that. I'm just not a fan.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I really loved Mass Effect, but I just prefer Dragon Age. It just takes itself slightly less seriously. Compare ME3 with DA: I (both the third game in the series). ME3 is short on laughs, which is to be expected, I guess, but still. There's also less of an emphasis on character interaction.

With ME, the majority of party interaction is Shepard - Companion, as opposed to Companion - Companion. In Dragon Age, your companions talk to each other more often, even if you exclude the party banter mechanic (which I approve of). The Citadel DLC for ME3 worked to correct that, though. Ultimately though, Shepard is the primary nexus for your companions, and while that is the case in Dragon Age (especially DA: II), it is less prominent.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Adequate View Post
    I juuuust prefer DA these days, for a couple reasons; Origins is the best of the six games in question, and Inquisition didn't end with the most smurfing retarded ass ending ever.
    ME2 was a much more enjoyable experience for me than DA:O. They're both great games but Origins is not better than ME2.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I felt ME got more and more on rails as the series went on. In Mass Effect, there were tons of side-quests you could take on. Mass Effect 2 had fewer but still had very memorable quests, while Mass Effect 3 didn't really have many at all.

Dragon Age has always had exploration and side-quests. Inquisition stumbles due to the lack of focus with non-companion side-quests, but expands on exploration.

ME2 is a smurfing great game but it canno tbe stressed enough what an outlier it is.

DA has been much more consistent in terms of quality. Probably because it had the same lead writer in all the games thus far. That's a big thing about why ME3 is the way it is, it replaced several writers.

I am worried about what DA4 will be like without David Gaider.

The thing is, Mass Effect is actually fun to PLAY.

Yes, the ending to the trilogy is complete crap. We know this. Fine. But the rest of the games are stellar, and the combat and mechanics in all of them (even the first one) are great fun.

Dragon Age, while I enjoy it's world building and characters and such, is not fun to play. It's combat and game mechanics are terrible. The best was honestly DA2, which was a train wreck in so many other areas. Similar to Knights of the Old Republic, I frequently cheated just so that I could experience as little combat as possible because the mechanics are not fun. I gave up on Inquisition entirely after the first few fights in the Highlands. The games play badly.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    The thing is, Mass Effect is actually fun to PLAY.

Yes, the ending to the trilogy is complete crap. We know this. Fine. But the rest of the games are stellar, and the combat and mechanics in all of them (even the first one) are great fun.

Dragon Age, while I enjoy it's world building and characters and such, is not fun to play. It's combat and game mechanics are terrible. The best was honestly DA2, which was a train wreck in so many other areas. Similar to Knights of the Old Republic, I frequently cheated just so that I could experience as little combat as possible because the mechanics are not fun. I gave up on Inquisition entirely after the first few fights in the Highlands. The games play badly.
    Haha, I'm the exact opposite! I love running around the countryside massacring bandits in DA! I can run around for hours wandering around and doing quests and never grow bored.

Meanwhile in Mass Effect the gameplay will inevitably make me say "Yawn...is it story progression time yet?" if it goes on without a break for too long.
    I like Kung-Fu.