Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Thread: Ghostbusters

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

How could anyone resist those salty parabolas?

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I did roll my eyes a bit at the product placement there, but the line (and the sight of Kate McKinnon munching on crisps) still made me laugh.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

This movie was a little better than I expected (I had middling expectations), and so overall was entertaining and worth seeing. I am very tired of Melissa McCarthy, though, and wish she had been replaced with an actress who played a more straight-laced nerd. Kate McKinnon is a gem and was amazing, and by herself could make the movie worthwhile.

Nothing amazing, but fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post

That's good to hear because sometimes that's all i want out of my summer movies, and so far this summer has been disappointing.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    This movie was a little better than I expected (I had middling expectations), and so overall was entertaining and worth seeing. I am very tired of Melissa McCarthy, though, and wish she had been replaced with an actress who played a more straight-laced nerd. Kate McKinnon is a gem and was amazing, and by herself could make the movie worthwhile.

tumblr_m3o0c827ch1qmiqzl.jpg

Saw it last night, not amazing, but way better than people have been treating it. I loved the cameos from the old cast and the various call backs to the original. Kind of wish the two leading heroines had more chemistry with each other but nothing so bad to validate all the whiny "they destroyed my childhood" nonsense I've been reading on the web.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Sadly it sounds like a sequel is unlikely, the film hasn't done very well commercially, or at least not enough to justify a sequel. A shame really, if only because various knuckledraggers online will probably take great delight in that. I think audiences just aren't hugely receptive to reboots of well-known films.

Also, this film may not have been amazing, but it still deserved to do better than the bloody Angry Birds film.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"