View Poll Results: Are you more excited for new Final Fantasy games or remakes of older ones?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Final Fantasy games!

6 28.57%
  • Remakes of older Final Fantasy games

3 14.29%
  • No preference

8 38.10%
  • NEITHER, SCREW YOU SQUARE ENIX

4 19.05%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you more excited for new Final Fantasy games or remakes of older ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post

It's more about introducing new fans to the superior entries honestly You know. Those that won't touch anything with sprites? Ahem ahem, nudge nudge, wink wink
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post

What the smurf even is a sprite, in this context?
    There's so much fail in this, I'm ashamed.
    So, I should feel ashamed for not knowing about 2D games made when I was under 10? Because THAT'S fair. And no, I will NOT be playing 2D Final Fantasy games. Not now. Not ever.

Articles
    Blog Entries

So, I should feel ashamed for not knowing about 2D games made when I was under 10? Because THAT'S fair. And no, I will NOT be playing 2D Final Fantasy games. Not now. Not ever.
    Such a millennial.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Games utilising sprites are common to this day. This ain't about just Final Fantasy.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm kind of meh about either honestly. XV looks good but not "OH YOUR GOD! I NEED THIS NOW IN MY LIFE TO FEEL COMPLETE!" and while it would be cool to see FFV, VI, and XII get more love, I'm also pretty content to just let sleeping dogs lie. I don't know, SE just hasn't really done anything in a long time to get me pumped up for their projects, but it's not like I want them to stop either. I'm sure XV will be pretty solid, but I don't necessarily think it's going to win back the enthusiasm fans once had for the series. I don't know, I'm just feeling rather apathetic today.

Articles
    Blog Entries

SE need FFXV to do well critically and publicly. They've garnered some good coverage after admitting how bad the initial launch of FFXIV was, and did well making amends and fixing that.

If FFXV does well, it'll stabilize the brand of Final Fantasy, and garner newer interest than those who would Theatrhythm and Dissidia.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, you never really know what'll happen

As a side note, I'd really like them to bring DQ X here. FFXIV is doing really well. We like your MMOs, SE. Please.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I went with both. Because yay, innovation and new stuff. But also, I want that FFXIIINJSHD.5 and Knuckles Featuring DMC's Dante. Also I'd love a FFV to get a proper remake like III and IV. Nothing against the cellphone game, I just want a bigger one. With updated music and voice acting. Loved Butz voice in Dissidia. And if Krile had the same voice the same named character has in XIV I'd like her more. But that probably wouldn't work XIVKrile is an adult and VKrile is like six.

No excuse, I've been playing games since I was four.

Not really interested in newer Final Fantasies these days, and remakes can either be hit or miss. I'm more into playing other games, but have lots of fun chatting about older FF games. If Final Fantasy 16 had a Bravely Default like battle system, I might jump back into the series.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Probably the new ones, as much as I want to see the remake of 7 hit and stuff, I can always go back to the existing FF7 and play it one more time. XV is gonna be a whole new wooooorld~

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Adequate View Post
    Probably the new ones, as much as I want to see the remake of 7 hit and stuff, I can always go back to the existing FF7 and play it one more time. XV is gonna be a whole new wooooorld~
    Same although honestly I would trade it all for goddamn FFX HD ON STEAM COME ON SQUEENIX

I can always use more Final Fantasy in my life, new or old. Even if in the end what comes out isn't as enjoyable as what I have already played I still find myself easily immersed in any world with Chocobos, Moogles and Tonberries. I am currently just as excited for FF7:Remake as I am for FFXV.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I'm not excited for either. What I am excited for is I am Setsuna.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Everything they release is merely killing time until Kingdom Hearts III as far as I'm concerned. FF XV looks good but the demo was bad so I'm wary, and I have no interest in any remakes at this stage unless they said they were gonna remaster KH for ps4 I guess, cause that would save me having to buy a new PS3 to play the remasters on that.