Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Really Memorable Boss Fights in RPGs

There was a fight in Final Fantasy IV (I think?) Where you had to fight someone's parents after they are possessed and mutated or something. And throughout the fight they keep saying things, begging to be let go and not wanting to hurt you and you have to kill them and get out of there while you can or some crap. There was so much dialog and so much care I just let them talk. I don't remember if they even fought back, or if they just didn't do enough damage for me to feel they were a threat. So I just defended and healed while they pleaded and said their goodbyes or whatever. If I remember correctly, the fight ends naturally and you don't have to murder them. Which was really interesting for how primitive the game was in most other aspects

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    There was a fight in Final Fantasy IV (I think?) Where you had to fight someone's parents after they are possessed and mutated or something. And throughout the fight they keep saying things, begging to be let go and not wanting to hurt you and you have to kill them and get out of there while you can or some crap. There was so much dialog and so much care I just let them talk. I don't remember if they even fought back, or if they just didn't do enough damage for me to feel they were a threat. So I just defended and healed while they pleaded and said their goodbyes or whatever. If I remember correctly, the fight ends naturally and you don't have to murder them. Which was really interesting for how primitive the game was in most other aspects
    I've played that game so many times and I don't even remember that. xD Maybe it was in one of the other versions or the sequel? I'm trying to remember this from the original but for some reason nothing comes to mind.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I don't know of any. Most boss fights in games period don't really stick with me other than being difficult.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God View Post
    I've played that game so many times and I don't even remember that. xD Maybe it was in one of the other versions or the sequel? I'm trying to remember this from the original but for some reason nothing comes to mind.
    it is in the FF2 snes version. Dr Lugae mutated Edges parents. just after that fight you battle Rubicante

Quote Originally Posted by Galuf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God View Post
    it is in the FF2 snes version. Dr Lugae mutated Edges parents. just after that fight you battle Rubicante
    Yeah after I posted I had a vague memory of a boss battle with a king and queen and something to do with one of the Four Fiends later in the game. During my last replay I didn't get that far so that's probably why I forgot.

Ornstein & Smough, Gwyn, Artorias and Manus from Dark Souls are all really intense, memorable epic fights.

Yunalesca from FFX comes to mind because it's probably the most unique boss in the game (only boss to use zombie I believe) and Auron's speech that preludes it makes it unforgettable.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Persona 3 The answerthe fights with Koromaru and Junpei, Ken and Akihiko, and finally Mitsuru and Yukari. Especially with Heartfelt Cry playing during the battle.

Lavitz in legend of dragoon.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bowser's Inside Story

Bowser's brain

Those smurfing memories of Mario and Luigi, I swear to God

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Anyone remember fighting Ultros almost nonstop in the first half of FFVI?