Is this believable?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Based on his characterization in FFVII and Before Crisis? No

Rest of the Compilation? Probably

Near death experiences can change a person, I guess. Maybe it's like that Nbel guy. He realized what people would say about him after he died so he said smurf that and worked to improve his image.

Rufus is the same. He probably read his obit and saw it was titled something like "Billionaire Brat's Phallic Failure" and resolved to first murder the writer of the obituary and then to become a better person.

Blog Entries

Advent Children messes with my mind though. Doesnt he lie to Cloud about finding nothing in the Northern Cave? I think finding three Remnants who nearly kill two of your Turks is quite a big something dont you? Not to mention "Jenova's frigging head".

The man is pretty manipulative and sociopathic so going to say no on this one. Rufus seems like the type to 'redeem' for only a act to manipulate others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midgar Mist View Post
    Advent Children messes with my mind though. Doesnt he lie to Cloud about finding nothing in the Northern Cave? I think finding three Remnants who nearly kill two of your Turks is quite a big something dont you? Not to mention "Jenova's frigging head".
    Yeah think so ? Rufus pretended to be disabled and lied to Kadaj & the rest so wouldn't be too shocking if he lied towards Cloud as well. This is the man who acted nice towards Tifa and Barrett when Cloud went bonkers and then later attempted to order Scarlet to execute them by gas.

Blog Entries

I'm a Rufus fan!

At first he is just a boy filling in the shoes of his father. Later on in the game he becomes a world wide defender when the weapons strike. He just knows to be in power. He gets in an accident doing a critical event after taking down two weapons and the northern barrier. The guy is a hero.

During advent children he lies but that is because shinra is pretty much destroyed. How else is a man gonna live in a world with so much destruction? He had to play his cards right and rebuild his great empire. He still lives up to the badass he was in the game.

Now in DoC he isn't there much and it's just a few lines how he gives Vincent some money to redeem himself. I think it was Rufus and he knew what happened was shinra.

Still imagine him as a lonely boy owning a company that gets terrorized by a small group of rebels. His father dies and he is forced into being president. After that he does everything in his power to protect the world... while giving the people power so they can live comfortably.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.