Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you keep your old systems around?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Just the other day I was going through some old junk and found my 1st gen Nintendo DS, that big clunky thing. I considered dumping it since I have a DS Lite but decided to keep it around.

In general I hold on to systems if I don't have another system that can play those games. I have a WiiU but kept the Wii since it can play GameCube games. Still have PS2, N64, etc.

I also keep them around because I have this dream of bringing my kids up on video games on generation at a time. You can emulate most of the 8 and 16 bit eras easily but not the more recent ones.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Don't really sell any game system unless I have several of them.

I might permanently lend them to family members, but I make it very clear that they're not theirs, and that they can't sell them or give them away to other people.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I still have them, from my 1987 NES to my PS4. I didn't keep my old gameboy systems from the original to advanced, but I have several SPs because people just felt like giving them to me. The only major system I used to have that I don't anymore would be my sega because there just wasn't enough fun games to keep it around.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I have my GBA SP, GB Pocket, GB Color, Game Cube, PS2, my PS3 just died, my 360 is the Star Wars edition so it is mine forever, and I have my PSP still, too.

Yeah, still play them sometimes too, except my Sega Genesis, it no longer works.

I wish I did...but I always traded in my older systems or sold them to get bigger and better. :/ Otherwise I'd have almost ever major console except the last 2 Playstations, and a Super Nintendo I never owned. Yeah, as a teenager, games added up in cost quickly, so to get the quick cash, EBgames or Gamestop was alwayys my source of trade-in salvation that helped me update my consoles and stick with the times.
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

My PS3 is still out and being used occasionally, but everything older than that has been shelved away in my closet.

I just emulate everything older than that anyway, even games I physically own. That's the only way to get them to look semi-decent on a modern tv.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I keep them. Only reason I boxed up the PSX was because the PS2 basically made it useless due to its backward compatibly to everything.

i totally keep my systems, except i believe my dad still has my Atari2600 in storage, and my Sega Genesis Tower of Power i stupidly sold when the PSX came out, i don't regret the PSX just regret letting go of my Genesis ToP... i'll never sell another system again, selling the Tower of Power is that big of a regret for me...
    my Playststions are all hooked up and running from the PSone to the PS4 in a nice little row under my TV... of my Nintendo systems i only have the Wii hooked up because it plays GCN games as well and the SNES is having issues, think i need a new A/V cable for it, the NES is boxed up... i still have all my handhelds across my headboard in front of their charging cables that i have coming out from behind the headboard for convenience and cable maintenance...
    yeah, i can't bring myself to sell a console or game ever again...