Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Asshole Walkthrough Count has hit 1000 (approx)

Blog Entries

Relm My Asshole Walkthrough Count has hit 1000 (approx)

Just found yet another asshole walkthrough in my tenure as an avid RPG gamer! For Valley of the Dragons/Drakenvale

This guy uses the platform of a walkthough to to do some half assed review at the same time. something along the lines of "its not a valley its a mountain", "Ive already saved a dragon in World one" yada yada yada

Then starts up with

"If you havent obtained the Requiem spell in Kelb, turn back"

My response?

"Listen you loser, it is an RPG. RPG means: I can do what I damn well want in battle. I only came on here to find out how to navigate this dungeon, an answer for which you personally skipped over and shoved this tripe in my face instead. I coped absolutely fine with white magic and a Titan summon. I didnt get Golem. So what? What are ya gonna do? Travel through e-space and tear me a new one? Hmmm...didnt think so.."

I clicked on a better walkthough and found my answer much more quickly

On I go people....on I go....

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Ms Mist is almost there

Dinny ya listen tae him. a dinny even ken wat a requiem spell is. neither shid ye! now go and meet me gid pal Xezat

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, walkthroughs with opinions stuck to them are never quite as fun. Especially since many of the people who write them are under the false illusion that they are somehow funny...

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Adrienne and I did a walk through that just showed us that we stink at the game. It was more just for fun than helping people. We did it totally blind and just kinda figured it out as we go.

Blog Entries

Well.....now I'm stuck on Atmos....which means it could be time for another asshole walkthrough listing everything i HAVEN'T got but this time....i will probably be defenseless, just like my party to the Comet throwing cosmic sinkhole that is this......Boss :-(

Articles
    Blog Entries

I managed to beat Atmos by leaving someone dead since he doesn't seem to attack you at all while he's sucking someone in, giving you plenty of time to get tons of damage in without having to worry about healing at all.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

HINT the boss after atomos is a BITCH. if your having trouble, gil toss your way

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    I managed to beat Atmos by leaving someone dead since he doesn't seem to attack you at all while he's sucking someone in, giving you plenty of time to get tons of damage in without having to worry about healing at all.
    Did this, thanks

Oh Galuf, what misfortune awaits me? That Gill Cave is already a difficult puzzle of a dungeon.

The False Elemental Crystals are probably the hardest of them all. If you do not have Gil Toss you might float for dodging Earthshaker and beat the other three all at once.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

i agree with sephiroth. the worst part is what your reward is for beating such a boss

Blog Entries

And Gil toss is a Ninja skill?

I have Reina/Lenna at Level 3 on this

Whichever one it is (unless its blue magic i have missed) im up for some grinding
    and...i do have float
    i beat this the first time somehow, but cant remember.

im gonna do a quick search online i think.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I think the crystals are fine so long as you kill them off when they get to low HP, because they start dealing a lot of damage once they get low. I wasn't prepared for that the first time around and got slaughtered. If you just do them one by one you should be fine.

Gil Toss is a Samurai skill, btw.

Blog Entries

I saw the Crystals and X Death off with Gil Toss. Tried doing the same with Stoker/Wendigo and got thrashed. Then I read up about All attacks being bad for this one. So I'm off to hunt some Monster: I will zero in on his real form then: BAM! That's what you get for calling Bartz a little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    The False Elemental Crystals are probably the hardest of them all. If you do not have Gil Toss you might float for dodging Earthshaker and beat the other three all at once.
    I was stuck on the Crystals for the longest time...so my irritation had me take 5 months off from the game because I literally lost to them like 56 times. I had no idea about the Gil To$$, so when I went back and tried it, boom, I won the first battle after my 5 months off.

I'm picky with guides. I'll look them up and down for a while before I decide I wanna use it to go through the game. Some people just write absolute trash.
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

Blog Entries

Some people are arrogant gaming people who think they are gods and that their way is the only way to do it. I'm nearly at the end of the game, proving that I didn't need Requiem or Golem in order to get where I am now (eg: in the end with Wendigo, I didn't need Golem's protection when I had the far superior Guardian at my disposal. And I needed it cos I lost patience with this teleporting asshole and used All attacks. He could no longer kill me)
    Last edited by Midgar Mist; 03-18-2016 at 02:44 AM.