Thread: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here

Default Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here

I think I kno why everyone hates the Gold Saucer music now. It is the theme of despair,frustration and hopelessness.

I am playing a difficulty mod for FFVIIPC called the Hardcore Mod. It's been very fun up until this point, just the right level of challenge. But now... Several hours at the Battle Arena later, I have nothing to show for it except a controller that I am trying hard not to break.I know you don't have to win to get the Keystone but it's a matter of pride at this point. I've come so close too many times to just let it go. I also recall Dio gives you a prize but that matters much less than smurfing saying I did it.

And if I can't do it, then the game will go unbeaten.

...or I'll finally cave and just continue onward with my head hung low in shame.

Articles
    Blog Entries

gjoerulv's mod I take it? Wasn't there like this immensely overpowered pyramid monster that's all but impossible to beat solo, and it appears in the Battle Square? Even if not, the Battle Square is a sick difficulty spike in the original so it doesn't surprise me to see it being even more insane in this mod.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Wait, who hates the Gold Saucer music? It's like the best music in the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    gjoerulv's mod I take it? Wasn't there like this immensely overpowered pyramid monster that's all but impossible to beat solo, and it appears in the Battle Square? Even if not, the Battle Square is a sick difficulty spike in the original so it doesn't surprise me to see it being even more insane in this mod.
    I was lucky not to run into that but yes, it is his mod. I really do like it but I am not looking forward to trying to get Omnislash....

I finally won. by the by. It's ironic, actually. I cleared the gauntlet where all the handicaps were "Materia Broken." Somehow, I made it to the very end before Magic was broken. The final fight was with one of those dudes on pendulum thing from Nibelheim Mansion and, judging by the fact Leviathan did 114 damage, I don't think my magic would have been very effective.

It took 2 Elixirs, all of my X Potions and 1 Turbo Ether but I beat it.

And my reward was...a Protect Vest and Choco Feather????? I already have those!

I reloaded and just lost immediately. I proved I could do it, I got nothing to be ashamed of. I am not losing my precious Elixirs.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Wait, who hates the Gold Saucer music? It's like the best music in the entire game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Not emptyquoting.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not even close to the biggest FFVII fan in the world and I could listen to that music all day.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The music is so infectious. Damn how it loops in my head!

I wouldn't go that far. But, even with the repetition, it never wore out its welcome the way, say, Shuffle or Boogie did in FFVIII (seriously, that track, just, ARGH!). It's always happy and peppy and awesome. A good way to calm you down after the tense battles.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I loved the juxtaposition you get with the Golden Saucer's chirpy music, offset by the massacre which occurs during your first visit.

I loved the idea of the Gold Saucer, but honestly I only stayed in there for the Chocobo Races and the prizes you obtained from there. I think I gave every other area in there a chance and tried each game or contest once, but most of my times was spent at the race tracks. I kinda went in there, got what I needed, and left. Pretty sure I never returned after I got what I needed.
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I loved the juxtaposition you get with the Golden Saucer's chirpy music, offset by the massacre which occurs during your first visit.
    Totally this. Great scene, almost as good as the Shinra Tower one.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Aptly, the music does change when you discover all the death and carnage. It becomes a lot more sombre. Though it would be hilarious if they just left the Gold Saucer theme playing!