Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: @EyesonFF

Articles
    Blog Entries

It's the 140 characters or less thing that I dislike. Look, I write in full sentences, and I can't stand abbreviating things like I'm using text-speak. Give me more words to play with!

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    It's the 140 characters or less thing that I dislike. Look, I write in full sentences, and I can't stand abbreviating things like I'm using text-speak. Give me more words to play with!
    I hate doing that as well, but I quite like the challenge of trying to fit a complete thought into 140 characters. It's not good for every scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh
    I just think Twitter is a fundamentally sub-par product that got way too popular due to celebrity use.
    Reddit's fine as well, but I don't like using it for live stuff much. I got to /r/spacex for all the launches, but I find that everything gets lost in the live chats because you have so many new posts coming up at once. You have the same thing on Twitter if you're looking at the 'live' results to a search, but by default if you're looking at your timeline it's already filtering out duplicate information and a lot you probably don't care about. As for being a sub-par product? I guess it depends what you're looking for. Personally it's my most used social media platform, and I don't really follow many celebrities except Wil Wheton.

Maybe it gets worse when the numbers get too big. I currently follow 119 people, but only a few of those are *very* active. I imagine if you have a thousand or so the timeline is going to get very messy.

Articles
    Blog Entries

No, I just said it got popular because people wanted access to celebrities that started using it. It's obviously been around long enough now to turn into its own thing. I also said that nothing twitter does can't be done on facebook (better), which I stand by. Twitter didn't invent sharp, succinct comedy, nor did it invent small snippets of news; and for every person who uses their 140 characters for a short, witty, thought, you have probably 10 people who simply tlk lyk dis 2 fit wat dey gota say in2 da lmit. And why do they do that? Because the other half of their 140 limit post is tagging celebs for a RT or slapping unnecessary hashtags on there (although Instagram is admittedly worse for this).

I would prefer to give the smart/funny/inspirational people that I want to hear from an unlimited amount of text and have them decide if they want to be short and to the point with it, or long and eloquent in their writing.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Just made a new Twitter after a Twittercide @YoCanuck if you guys wish to follow.

Edit Think I followed everyone. If I missed you send me an angry tweet and I'll follow.
    Last edited by FFNut; 03-13-2016 at 01:32 AM.

I have someone running social media for one of my cos, including Twitter, but I don't "Twit". I don't do "text typing" either. The whole thing just screams "Idiocracy" to me. Not trying to piss anyone off. I still communicate via email sometimes, some might find that to be rudimentary.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I use twitter to promote EoFF as a brand and I tweet for myself toward like minded nerds. Met a trout ton of great WoW artists that way. It's all about how you use it.

If you think meeting other people who share interests and share awesome art is "idiocracy" then that's a strange idiocracy you believe.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I use twitter to promote EoFF as a brand and I tweet for myself toward like minded nerds. Met a trout ton of great WoW artists that way. It's all about how you use it.

If you think meeting other people who share interests and share awesome art is "idiocracy" then that's a strange idiocracy you believe.
    There are websites that allow you to meet other artists specifically and offer functionality for actually sharing your art in a gallery format. You can then comment on each other's work and have a proper conversation about it. Like I said, my hand is going to be forced in using it for promotional purposes, but what I can actually do on Twitter itself is basically limited to linking the video (without an embed feature... in 2016) and talking about it in 140 character strings of text.

Once again I'll say it, Twitter is not the best at doing anything, it just got popular and now gets used.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Please people. Internetting on The Twitter dot com is serious business!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I just don't like being told I can't criticise something simply because my hand is forced into using it

Don't have one, don't need one. I am fine with facebook and eoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post

Once again I'll say it, Twitter is not the best at doing anything, it just got popular and now gets used.
    Maybe you used to be right, but not after the introduction of the gif button. It's a revolution in gif based reaction media!

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

https://twitter.com/sephex1982

There is mine. Stuff from my instagram gets thrown on there and I tell bad jokes.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Here's mine. I rarely tweet anything though, I just use it to follow people.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post
    I just don't like being told I can't criticise something simply because my hand is forced into using it
    no one is forcing you to use it
    I explained how I would put myself at an unnecessary detriment by not having one. So long as other people use it, as an struggling entertainer, I will be forced to use it to maximise exposure.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

You can have the right to criticize and people can criticize the fact that you criticized! Thus the power of the internet!