Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dragon Ball Super!

Do You Like Waffles? DarkBahamut's Avatar

I definitely love the endless possibilities right now for the show to go.

Many people believe Beerus is to become the main villain ultimately even though the show presents an undertone of a partnership, or mentor-apprentice relationship between him and Wish towards Goku and Vegeta.

The show has already gone to episode 34. Episode 35 will air this upcoming Saturday and the spotlight is on Vegeta for the next three episodes. I won't give spoilers on the current story, but it is almost generally shown that Vegeta is at par with Goku, or maybe even has the edge right now.

To some of the earlier comments; Videl never had enough significance even in Dragonball Z, other than her connection to Gohan and Hercule/Mr. Satan.

And trust me, Gohan is coming back. They won't abandon him that easily. If any of you have at least watched the movies (the first two seasons of the show are Battle of Gods and Resurrection F retold), then you'd know Gohan has really fallen back in the pecking order of warriors. I am almost positive Gohan (my favorite character in the show, basically because of SSJ2 Teen Gohan, as many others like) will find a way to have relevance in this show sooner or later. I'm not saying he'll come back and be the strongest, but he won't be a completely useless character in my opinion.

No time for "Dilly-Dallying" or "Shilly-Shallying."
    Props go to the one and only, Proxy, for the signature.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I'm not worried about Gohan not coming back, he's just not been around recently. Makes me suspish. Also I know Videl has never had that much significance, but then neither has Chi Chi and she still has a personality to this day.

EDIT: Ugh, Matt and I have just reached the Saiyaman Saga in our rewatch of DBZ and it is painful how much sass Videl had and how she has lost it all. xD

Do You Like Waffles? DarkBahamut's Avatar

Sorry if you guys are big Videl fans or something, but she TBH gets more attention than you'd think for a character like her. The Great Saiyaman Saga was just a filler saga just like the Otherworld Tournament Saga. Many people also wanted to see more of Pikkon, but he was just a big character for that saga, so his role was limited to that.

No time for "Dilly-Dallying" or "Shilly-Shallying."
    Props go to the one and only, Proxy, for the signature.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

But she comes back and we do see more of her. She continues to exist outside of the arc she was created to play a role in, unlike Pikkon and all those other one-off characters. I don't think it was unreasonable of me to hope that she wouldn't show up as a shell of her former self if she were to ever show up at all.

Just to clarify - I don't care that she's not a fighter anymore. I expect that. But even the other characters who move to non-fighters keep their personalities. She didn't.

But. Whatevs, I'm just glad she doesn't get much screentime in Super so I can keep my sadness to a minimum.