Thread: Indiana Jones 5

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Default Indiana Jones 5

It's happening apparently. Thoughts? The fourth one was pretty ropey, will they really be able to do better this time? And how old will Harrison Ford be anyway by 2019?!
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Old Harrison Ford was great in The Force Awakens but Indiana Jones is a much more action-oriented role. Crystal Skull was terrible but that was more the writing than the acting. If he can hand the torch off to a younger but still charismatic actor (NOT Shia LaBeouf) then it might be good.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I suspect Shia is out considering he's spent the last few years just being generally nuts. They'll probably get Chris Pratt who now seems the first choice for every action role ever.

I reckon it's going to be 2 hours of Indiana Jones sat at his desk, meticulously filling out paperwork pertaining to his past adventures.

I think Shia LaBeouf is probably out because of the comments he made on Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, but the franchise doesn't need him. The franchise doesn't even need Harrison Ford and Steven Spielberg for crying out loud. If God damn Frank Marshall wasn't around they could recast Indiana Jones and hand off the reigns to some new director and make the series more like the James Bond franchise, in that the series is constantly being recasted and reinvented every few years at a time.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

HE BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    HE BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!!

Who?

It's true that, as much as I like Spielberg, I'd be a lot more positive about this if they just handed over to a new writer, director etc (like the new Star Wars films have done)