Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Batman v Superman

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

There will be a standalone Batman film in the future, directed by Ben Affleck.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries

Ah, this movie.

I didn't think it was as bad as everyone kept saying, but I wouldn't put it in my top ten superhero flicks. I thought they did a better job of showing the internal struggle of Superman in this movie than in Man of Steel, and Ben Affleck as Batman and Bruce Wayne was actually good. As well as Wonderwoman. In fact, hype for the Wonderwoman movie seems to be the only thing this movie succeeded at accomplishing.

As I expected Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor was god awful to the point they're now calling him Lex Junior. (SPOILER)He basically felt like Heath Ledger's Joker while completely missing the point of why audiences liked Heath Ledger's Joker. And since when the hell did people shave your head in prisons? Yay, he's bald. He still acts nothing like Lex. I don't care about the hair. I care that he's Lex Luthor in name alone.

This movie basically makes the same mistakes as The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (and I say that as a fan of The Amazing Spider-Man 2, but I can admit that film had problems), it puts WAY too much in its runtime (that was apparently cut and there's an uncut version of the film coming out on DVD), and should have focused solely on the conflict between Batman and Superman. Worst of all, they put the smurfing Death of Superman storyarc slapped on at the end just like they put Green Goblin murdering Gwen Stacy at the end of TASM2. Only one of the biggest Superman storylines ever, let's just slap it on at the end with no buildup. What? Why? I just -- WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP DOING THIS?!

The DCEU seems to be on panic mode because of this movie. Not only are they putting Affleck on the Justice League movie as another executive producer, but they're bringing in two new people to head the Cinematic Universe in the hopes to turn things around. One of them were involved in the DCTV shows IIRC. I forget who the other one was.