Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Dancing Chocobo Dragon Age Dwarves

I really like the way dwarves were pulled off in this series. They're still very dwarfy but with interesting twists like the caste system.

Have any of you guys ever played a dwarf in a DA game? How was it??

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The opening as a Dwarf Noble is intense AF and gives you a radically different perspective on stuff that happens in Orzammar later, it's great.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah Dwarf Noble is the best origin imho and I was a big fat bearded one in my first play through. It was glorious.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've barely seen any dwarfs so I am looking forward to the dwarf quest to learn more about them

Yeah, the dwarves are an interesting bunch. I like how there's this stark divide between the Orzammar dwarves and the Surface dwarves. The Surfacers don't really get much of a look in in Origins, but in 2 and Inquisition you can see that they've got their own society, complete with merchant families, traditionalists who follow the old ways, and those who couldn't really give a smurf about Orzammar and tradition, like Varric. There's also the mysterious Kal-Sharok, the other drawven city-state, which has been mentioned here and there throughout the series.

One thing I never really got about Orzammar is that the higher status you are, the higher up you live in the city. But higher up means closer to the surface, and the surface is bad. It would make WAY more sense if the higher-class people lived lower down, deeper in the Stone.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post

One thing I never really got about Orzammar is that the higher status you are, the higher up you live in the city. But higher up means closer to the surface, and the surface is bad. It would make WAY more sense if the higher-class people lived lower down, deeper in the Stone.
    Huh, that's actually a good point.

I like the dwarves. Their caste system can go screw themselves, but the dwarves have Varric, and Varric is amazing. As is Dagna, and Scout Harding.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post

Huh, that's actually a good point.
    Alistair points this out if you have him in your party while you're there. He's all about it and it makes me laugh.

I really need to explore the Dwarf origins more. I always focused more on City Elf or Human Noble and it seems I've been robbing myself.