Thread: Stardew Valley

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

BUMP AGAIN.

So multiplayer is coming in early 2018.

You can have up to 3 people joining your farm as farm hands. I hope we will have a EoFF farm at some point

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Hurrah! I've recently been playing the makeshift multiplayer mod http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/501/? it works really well and is super fun.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I wonder if this might be worth picking back up again with all the new additions. I put in a lot of hours first time around and it's a wonderful game but very easy to just hammer out 50-60 hours once and leave it....

What do you think Psy?

Articles

Do it! Fill it up with every mod you can and go hog wild!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I'm going to second that! Do it!

Alright, I really only have two mods and I changed some of the portraits cause I hate a lot of the hairdos. (been playing it again today)

I am going to recommend the mods Lookup Anything and NPC Map Locations. Lookup Anything lets you push F1 when hovering over a character or item and it'll tell you what they like and dislike if it's a person and if it's an item it'll tell you where it can be used, even for the community bundles. NPC map locations is pretty explanitory. It let's you see where NPCs are on the map real time. I hated having to hunt them down to try to give them things.

So I recommend both of those mods. If anyone else knows of some fun ones, please advise!

Been playing it a lot since the Switch version came out. I do have the GOG version that I've played off and on for a while, but I've gone in a lot more seriously now that it's out for Switch.

The update that added in the different farmhouses is really nice. My current playthrough I'm going with the Cliffside one. I figured I didn't really need the extra farm space, and was hoping that it might be possible to get Amethysts early (it's not) so that I could build up Abigail's Friendship enough to take her on the dance on the first year. No luck there, but I DID manage to get into the mines as early as possible and save/reset my way to getting a couple Amethysts that first week. So I wasn't a total loner at the dance this time (yay).

Managed to snag a Sandfish from the traveling merchant, while I'm still 35,000 gold away from unlocking the desert, and that was the last fish I needed to complete the Fishtank (yay). Currently doing really well on bundles. Halfway through Fall, but I only need 2 Winter Forage Items to finish that room, and most of the rest is complete except for Artisan/Animal items and the Bulletin Board.

Just upgraded my house for the first time, so I haven't done any cooking yet. I'll have to start building a Coop/Barn soon and experimenting with trees to get the rest of the bundles complete, but I should have the Community Center rebuilt well before the end of the second year... I hope.

Anyway, sorry if this counts as a necro, I just really wanted to talk about the game some right now. I'm really looking forward to the multiplayer patch.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Ooo yeah I forgot about new switch players. I got married on mine recently! Have you picked a spouse yet? Or are you romancing someone?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My wife has gotten quickly addicted to the Switch version.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Ooo yeah I forgot about new switch players. I got married on mine recently! Have you picked a spouse yet? Or are you romancing someone?
    I decided to go for Abigail this run. The opinion of most of my household is that she's overall the best written of the characters. Managed to start actually dating her, and I just finished the first house expansion, but not sure when I'll actually get married. Have to plan out the perfect day, in case an anniversary celebration becomes a thing, as well as make sure that my schedule and money situations are handled.

If we can get a multiplayer game going, though, we're going to romance each other (you can romance both another player and an NPC, but we're not taking that route).
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    My wife has gotten quickly addicted to the Switch version.
    She's leaving you for Alex.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    I decided to go for Abigail this run. The opinion of most of my household is that she's overall the best written of the characters. Managed to start actually dating her, and I just finished the first house expansion, but not sure when I'll actually get married. Have to plan out the perfect day, in case an anniversary celebration becomes a thing, as well as make sure that my schedule and money situations are handled.

If we can get a multiplayer game going, though, we're going to romance each other (you can romance both another player and an NPC, but we're not taking that route).
    Whoa there Skyblade, you're coming on to me We haven't even met yet!

I married Elliot because he occasionally gives you coffee

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Back when I played this I married Abigail because she owns a SNES and has a Chrono Trigger poster. I'm sure I said this in the thread before, but as a bonus to that story, anyone who saw the Pro Jared review of the game knows that he came to the same conclusion (I actually did what I did prior to his review). I was at a con over the summer where he was that and I got to tell him that myself, which he got a huge kick out of. Yes, us 30 somethings have our priorities straight!

Articles

Yep, same - Abigail was my first wife for those exact reasons. Plus the added bonus of getting a pet guinea pig out of it!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have to concur with all of these Abigail posts.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post

Whoa there Skyblade, you're coming on to me We haven't even met yet!

I married Elliot because he occasionally gives you coffee
    I married Elliot too!