Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Galuf Apreciation Thread ****SPOILER WARNING*******

Blog Entries

He's also a humble but very good King. His bravery and leadership are amazing.

Even when he dies, his spirit continues to help them. Its so sweet :'-(

So when did you first encounter your namesake and be inspired by him?

Blog Entries

wahh!

I'm playing FFV for the first time and he just died

Man, this makes me as sad as... you know, that longstanding most famous death in FF. Tears were shed.

I think it doesn't help that the moment I saw and "heard" him he reminded me of a dear friend of mine (who is still thankfully alive) who is similarly the "loving grandpa" of a group of friends and I had him playing the role in my head. I should go and give the real one an e-hug.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post
    wahh!

I'm playing FFV for the first time and he just died

Man, this makes me as sad as... you know, that longstanding most famous death in FF. Tears were shed.

I think it doesn't help that the moment I saw and "heard" him he reminded me of a dear friend of mine (who is still thankfully alive) who is similarly the "loving grandpa" of a group of friends and I had him playing the role in my head. I should go and give the real one an e-hug.

Galuf is truly the best FF character. even if gameplay wise his death means nothing. story wise it is the saddest imo.

Galuf was a complete Chad. He was born a Chad, he lived as a Chad and he died the most Chad way possible. Auron and Balthier could never.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

From the screenshot above, he appears to be punching one of the rare full grown adult Ex Death which is like a few times his size. Amazing I would say, the standard limit is only punch someone two times your size. No more, no less. He totally went rogue on this one! Nice fists btw.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Cool picture. I always liked how Exdeath looks like a knight but he seems to be more of a magic based character. Well until his final battles then he doesn't look like a knight anymore.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've always enjoyed the various designs of ExDeath and the concept of him. He's basically like Naraku from Inu-Yasha in that he is an amalgamation of hundreds if not thousands of demons and evil magic merged together by the holy tree they are sealed within. It's why his Neo-Exdeath form is so cool because it's basically his soul coming apart as all the various creatures that make him up are coming undone by the void.

neo_exdeath_by_despear.jpg

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

I like they are all weird looking creatures and then there's just a tiger head. Also part of his sprite on the SNES reminds me of Kefka, its like his clown clothes a wee bit