Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516172131 ... LastLast

Thread: Bubba's Mass Effect Adventures

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh man, I wanna know who you saved! It better be kaidan. You can't be like all these other losers and keep lame Ashley.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

OK, lets type this bad boy up.

I started this next section without the mako which suits me just fine. Being the expert sniper that I am I made short work of all the enemies here. I came across two buildings where I disrupted communications and blew up a... something to help Commander Kerosine. What was it? Oh yeah, a fuel tank!

After a few flying geth, I found some more fuel tanks which I was more than happy to blow up. Next, I happened upon a terminal outside this hangar-type building. Inside there were these weird "Indoctrinated" enemies that I wasn't sure whether I should kill. I hesitated for about a second before pistolling them all to death.

Next I found a load of Salarians all locked away in rooms. Now, my Shepard is good guy so I managed to free them all. What was my reward for this? The skinny bastards attacked me! Should have left you in there to rot, you cretins. I probably shouldv'e guessed as they were all a bit mental.

Next I found another pretty blue lady who I persuaded to let me into Saren's lab. Rana Banana or something. I then let her go so we'll see what comes of that decision... I eventually activated another beacon. Jesus titty-smurfing Christ. I wasn't expecting this. It turns out that Sovereign is a reaper and is smurfing bad ass. He's actually the one behind everything and is just using Saren and the geth as tools! I wasn't expecting that one! I thought there might be some sort of boss fight here but it wasn't to be. I pushed on killing a load more enemies. I'm pretty comfortable seeing as I'm maxed out level-wise.

Next step was to take out this turret so Joker could swoop in with the Normandy. When the Normandy approached the game presented me with what I'm sure for some would be a difficult decision. Assault the other turret and save Ashley... or head back to the Normandy and save Kaidan. It took me all of a nanosecond to decide and I gave Ashley a jovial wave before letting her be horribly killed.

Eventually we reach a boss fight with Saren which was a tad tricky but my sniping skills were too much for him. Can I say how much I love the sound of the sniper rifle being fired. Very satisfying. Saren didn't die though, he just buggered back to the Sovereign.

Once the mission was over we were automatically taken back to the Citadel and the bloody Council have grounded the Normandy. Damned fools! I need to get going to Eyeloss and stop Saren!

Tune in next time for what could well be my final instalment of Mass Effect

Articles
    Blog Entries

I approve of ditching the mako. Worst part of the first game by far.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    Virmire is pretty amazing. I like all the little stuff you can do to make sure Captain 506 PIR and his team stay alive.
    Y-You can do things to make sure they survive?

OMG I'm a horrible person!
    Yes, indeed you can. They can all survive. And Captain Kirrahe shows back up in future installments if you don't get him recklessly killed like the monster you are.
    I did this too! Commander Kerosine and his men are currently in the basement of the Normandy. I am awesome.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

YOU KILLED HER!

Slightly spoilerish across all ME games about Ash

Now you'll never get to see Ashley admit and overcome her xenophobia. She'll never rise above the Williams curse to become a spectre. She'll never find love and acceptance, whether it be from you or another crew member.

ALL SHE'S GOING TO DO NOW IS FEED WORMS AND IT'S YOUR FAULT!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Now she will sleep the endless sleep of forever.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I thought you'd save Kaiden! Glad you really enjoyed Virmire; I'd say it is the best set-piece mission of the entire game, and one of the best missions in the trilogy. That sense of urgency really drives the narrative, culminating in that decision. Doing it third as opposed to fourth wouldn't do it any justice, to be honest.

There are a handful of side-quests on the Citadel, but you're otherwise on rails. Mercifully, not for a terribly long period of time, but still.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Kaidan is better than her anyway so you made the right choice.

The Reaper Convo is the best. It's part of my favorite things in this game. It takes it from some big bad to holy trout, things got waaaaaay more serious.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Reapers are coming.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

YOU KILLED HER!

ALL SHE'S GOING TO DO NOW IS FEED WORMS AND IT'S YOUR FAULT!
    Ahh well, shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    Reapers are coming.
    My body is ready.

Just a quick update as I've not had a lot of free time in the last few days. I have arrived on Ilos though!

We left Shepard and his intrepid heroes just after they were grounded on the Citadel. There's no way I'm standing for this! We need to follow Saren! But seeing as I couldn't work out how to leave I did the only thing I could think of... I decided to visit the consort chambers to see if the waiting times had reduced. They hadn't and to be honest... I'm just gonna wait until the lovely Liara is ready

As it was probably my last time here, I decided to do one last tour of the Citadel. There wasn't much going down until I reached the Medilab. There was a protest going on with this guy called Nigel Farage Charles Sacksweat who represented a Human Pride Party. He explained that he didn't much like other races... I told him that I voted Remain and that he was a prick.

The final little sidequest happened on my way into Flux. This jumpy guy was trying to con me into getting some drugs for him. I explained that this was a terrible idea and proceeded to sing to him the entirety of the Just Say No anti-drug song from Grange Hill.

Finally, I found Captain Anderson blowing off steam in the Flux bar. He sympathised with my plight and offered to help us steal Normandy. Sh*t yes! We headed back to the Normandy and there was an awesome cut scene where Anderson walks into the ambassadors office, lays him out and overrides the Normandy shut down. Go on, Cap! With that, we were off into the big black!

Spotted one more UNC side mission to do with Garrus on a derelict ship. Tracked down Dr Salivation who experimented on different races. Garrus wanted him dead but I took the high road and convinced him to give the doctor to the military. For a doctor though, he wan't too bright and the silly son-of-a-bitch opened fire on us anyway. He died very quickly.

All that was left now was to go to Ilos and OMG OMG OMG!!! Before we arrived, I was visited in my quarters by Liara!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqZcYPEszN8

Afterwards, she said I was amazing. This came as no surprise, as all my exes will attest. So, in ME2 will our relationship continue or will I have to start again from scratch with her?

Anyway, rumpy pumpy over, we proceeded to Ilos. Joker did a near-suicidal dive with the Normandy and almost landed our mako on Saren's head. The slippery devil managed to pass through some huge closing doors leaving us stranded outside.

Surely my next update will see me through to the end! Then I'll do a quick review of the first game before diving head first into Mass Effect 2!
    Last edited by Bubba; 06-30-2016 at 11:03 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post

Afterwards, she said I was amazing. This came as no surprise, as all my exes will attest. So, in ME2 will our relationship continue or will I have to start again from scratch with her?
    MAYYYYBEEEEEE

You'll have to play it and see if she's there or not!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I always had a weak spot for the color blue, personally.

Edit: 13k!

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The bigger question is: Whether she's there or not, will you willingly continue to date her, or chose one of the other lovely ladies?

Did you find the planet with Wrex' family armor and the one with data for Tali's pilgrimage? I can't remember if you mentioned those ones or not.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The bigger question is: Whether she's there or not, will you willingly continue to date her, or chose one of the other lovely ladies?

Did you find the planet with Wrex' family armor and the one with data for Tali's pilgrimage? I can't remember if you mentioned those ones or not.
    She... She might not be there? Why would she do this to me?!!!

Whether or not I entertain another lovely lady will depend entirely on whether Liara and I... are on a break.

Yeah, I remember both of those missions and definitely acquired both

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post

She... She might not be there? Why would she do this to me?!!!

Whether or not I entertain another lovely lady will depend entirely on whether Liara and I... are on a break.

Yeah, I remember both of those missions and definitely acquired both
    Or you could cool off your loins in ME: 2 and wait for ME: 3, when they finally decide to get their act together and have several same-sex romances. I mean, can you honestly pass up Kaiden, Bubba?