Articles

If only someone hadn't killed Mordin he'd be there helping you out

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    If only someone hadn't killed Mordin he'd be there helping you out
    IT WAS A MISTAKE. I would have happily sacrificed another crew member for Mordin

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Not all is lost! I've read that if you follow the paragon path, then it's possible Samara is a romance option in ME3, and she can give you a sidequest similar to the Miranda one. You'll go to a hidden Justicar temple and learn how to bring one of your characters back from the dead. It just sucks that it was Mordin since his important parts are pretty early in the game, but you'll get to see his later stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    Not all is lost! I've read that if you follow the paragon path, then it's possible Samara is a romance option in ME3, and she can give you a sidequest similar to the Miranda one. You'll go to a hidden Justicar temple and learn how to bring one of your characters back from the dead.

Lol. What delicious gobbledegook.
    Last edited by Mr. Carnelian; 03-12-2017 at 09:06 PM.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    Not all is lost! I've read that if you follow the paragon path, then it's possible Samara is a romance option in ME3, and she can give you a sidequest similar to the Miranda one. You'll go to a hidden Justicar temple and learn how to bring one of your characters back from the dead. It just sucks that it was Mordin since his important parts are pretty early in the game, but you'll get to see his later stuff.
    I do like Mordin's ending. It's really rare to see it because of story reasons, but with the right combination of choices he can survive forever.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I do like Mordin's ending. It's really rare to see it because of story reasons, but with the right combination of choices he can survive forever.
    Yeah, but I'd never pick that option. Never.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You're all teasing me! Do you know how many times I'm gonna have to replay these games to see everything? That's... actually fine though.

Another update coming tomorrow! Might as well get paid to type it all up tomorrow when I'm at work.

There will be a bit of break from 23rd March when Andromeda arrives. Apparently it's set between the events of ME2 & ME3... and obviously light years away... so there shouldn't be any spoilers for the end of ME3.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Attican Traverse - Krogan Team

So, it looks like a Krogan team has gone missing. We all know these boys are handy in a fight so let's go save them, become friends, then convince them to go on a suicide mission against the Reapers.

It didn't take long to find them and YEY! It's Grunt! He seems to have come a long way since his days moping around in the cargo hold of Normandy 2. He is leading a select group of the strongest Krogan from each clan. It seems they don't even mind he was the first Krogan test-tube baby. Well done, young sir!

There seems to be a bit of a Rachni problem here. Wait, what? I seem to remember saving the Rachni Queen in ME1 under the condition that they all stopped being very naughty boys and girls. You lot all said it was a good idea saving her?! Hmph

We stock up on supplies and Shepard let's the group know it's time to go with a very macho "Let's move out!" His ego then suffered a bit of a dent as he stepped into a caravan which subsequently went tumbling down the side of the mountain. Way to go, fearless leader.

Shepard, Liara and Garrus dust themselves off and take in their surroundings. Oh Crapola. It looks like we've arrived onto the set of Aliens with face-hugger pods and webbing all over the place. Channelling Lt. Ellen Ripley, I pick up a nearby flamethrower and get to work. There's a possibility I shouldn't be destroying all these pods but f**k that, not taking the chance.

First enemy onslaught was a combination of the ever-annoying husks, big sweaty swarmers and something worryingly called a ravager... which kinda sounds like a sexual predator. The latter clearly being the most dangerous I took him out first. Tough bastard it was too. Took a few decent snipes before he finally succumbed.

I don't like it in here. It's dark and scary. Looking around with just a flashlight is unsettling. There is a clear Rachni presence so we were tasked with finding the central chamber and destroying the source. Nice.

A few dead Krogan behind some webbing did nothing to improve my mood. One of them had a dying message to pass on to his girlfriend back on the Citadel. Shepard would of course be happy to do this. However, the Krogan's request to have this delivered as a singing telegram he thought was inappropriate.

We activate some node which brings down a barrier and we have another onslaught to deal with. Taking out the enemy barrier first was a genius move if I do say so myself. Enemies defeated!

Pushing on and dealing with more pods, this time with creepy-crawlies popping out. Ugh. We eventually reach a cut-scene in which Grunt's squad were trapped under heavy fire. Thank f**k I'm here to save the day. I destroy a nearby node and they are saved. You're welcome, dudes! Wow, I haven't used the word "dude" in years...

Anyway, we soon find ourselves trapped by the Rachni. They're clearly switched on to the fact that we're here to wipe out their nest. We wriggle free by activated a node and then all hell breaks loose. We move from room to room, activating node after node and destroying wave after wave.

Here she is! Or... 'it' is. I don't know. Apparently it's a new surrogate or something. Anyway, I'm not sure I trust her/it. Anything that uses its tentacles to speak through a load of Krogan corpses must be treated with a certain amount of apprehension.

She/it had been trapped here and all I had to do was destroy one final node and she/it would be free. Oh crap. What do I do? I decided to trust them again (because it worked so well last time ) and we destroyed the node and helped her escape. I'm looking forward to you all telling me what a horrible decision I've made.

Grunt was less than happy with my decision. He still loves us though as he did his best to help us escape. This beginneth one of the best action cut-scenes in the game so far. Grunt goes shotgun happy destroying a load of baddies before grabbing one and tumbling off the edge of a cliff like Frodo and Gollum.

I honestly thought I'd buggered up totally here by killing another awesome character. Luckily, before we leave the planet though, a bloodied and bad-ass Grunt walks out of the caves looking awesome if a little... juicy. Yey! I love it when no-one dies!

We jet off into the big black and celebrate with some peanut butter-and-jelly sandwiches.

Tune in next time when all seems fine back on the Normandy until a huge Alien appears, rips our synthetic in half and Shepard does battle with it in a big, yellow mech-like mechanical loader.
    Last edited by Bubba; 03-15-2017 at 10:49 AM.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh man I was so worried at the same time with that. I was like NOOOO MY TANK BABY! Then he comes busting out like the beast he is. tank baby

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Oh man I was so worried at the same time with that. I was like NOOOO MY TANK BABY! Then he comes busting out like the beast he is. tank baby
    This. I seriously thought he was dead when I replayed ME3! And that's replayed. I should've known he wouldn't croak! Although apparently he can if you didn't do his loyalty mission in ME2. (yes I immediately when on the Mass Effect wiki as soon as I thought he had died)

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

"Heh heh heh" ~Grunt He's awesome. I could never decide on a favorite, but one of my top favorite parts of the Citadel party is grunt at the door, and then his nap.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Krogan is by far my favourite race. I love the banter with Wrex and Grunt. Plus, having them backing you up in a fight is incredibly reassuring

So, I don't know whether Grunt is on board as a team mate yet but I've still only got four others. Liara, Garrus, James & EDI. How many more can I expect?

Done a load of sidey's that I'll update tomorrow. Then I have a free evening tomorrow night to crack on!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Well since you didn't do the from ashes DLC you're missing that one. You made kaidan stay at the citadel so you're missing him.

So just one more to pick up.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That is disappointing.

Oh well, I guess it'll mean I have half a chance of finishing before Andromeda lands.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I wish you could get the From Ashes DLC to work because he's one of my favorite characters in the series! Sucks that it's wonky for you.