Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121626 ... LastLast

Thread: Bubba's Mass Effect Adventures

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Also, I've had a bit of a U-turn with Wrex. Garrus was taking far too much damage even when he had decent armour. As much as I love his dialogue, he's been relegated to the sidelines.

My team now consists of Liara and Wrex. Currently building up Liara's bio attacks whilst I'm turning Wrex into my tank
    Liara + Wrex + Infiltrator Shepherd was my primary party for Mass Effect. It's just such a fantastic team.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Wrex grows on you. He's at his most ruthless in ME: 1, but as I said earlier, stick with him.

Anyway, I need to vent because thresher maws are scary and I hate him. So I land on my first planet (Edolus, the missing marines mission) and I tentatively creep up to the beacon signal. I know I'm prone to exaggeration, but I'm not in this case. I literally find thresher maws terrifying. They can kill you in one hit, are ugly, and can burrow from underneath you, killing you instantly.

So I encounter it, as expected. I backtrack slightly to give it distance, and it burrows back in. Oh smurf. But, you know, it does that all the time! As long as you're not driving around recklessly, it can't hurt you. I'm backtracking, and look what smurfing comes up right in front of me? That pissy little death phallus. I was fortunate that it wasn't directly under me, or I'd be dead instantly. For what it was worth, I did have time to reload a save and angrily thrust the controller into Mr. Carny's direction to deal with it. So it wasn't a death, but for me it was in all but name.

I hate instant death (ME: 3 loves this, by the way). I hate dying in video games. I hate smurfing surprise jump scares that kill you. I hate smurfing thresher maws.

I hope to hell they're not back in Andromeda.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So yeah, I've done far too much fannying around with side quests. I decided to take the plunge and do the my second main mission. I decided to go with Feros because well... it comes first in the alphabet.

I was excited when I parked the Normandy up. This excitement was short-lived however as the geth made me feel about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit. It took all of six seconds leaving my ship before having my arse shot at. Luckily for me, I'm over level 30 now so I was pretty well equipped to give these guys a sound spanking.

I fought my way through to large room where the colonists had gathered and chatted to their leader, Fai Dan. Wasn't he one of the characters from Mortal Kombat? Anyway, I had to head into their tunnel system to help them out with their geth problem. Having not long completed a expert run of The Last of Us, my exploration skills are pretty damn impressive. Managed to nail a few side quests.

Killed those annoying Varren dog-type things, fixed three water terminals and recovered a power cell from a downed transport. Fai Dan and his buddies were pleased with my work

Mako'd across a bridge and found another group of colonists. Couple more side quests done as I recovered some dudes laptop (come on, man. iCloud is the future) and found a scientists daughter. Then I ended up shooting a guy in the face. He was a bit mental though and not sure I had any other choice.

Onward to the end! It turns out this ugly-ass plant was controlling all the colonists and I had to dispatch the geth and use stun grenades on the colonists. I'm a terrible aim with the grenades and I kept running out of them . It took me a good few tries to save all 16 but I'm not losing anyone, dammit!

The final section was running around the ugly-ass plant and taking that thing down. I still struggle with biotic enemies (even when using damping) but just about managed it. Saved an Asari scientist and Feros is complete! Just gonna head back to the Citadel so everyone can tell me how amazing I am.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh, there was an unexpected confrontation in the Normandy cockpit! Liara and Ashley came up to me and said I had to choose one of them (or both!). Ashley spouted her usual racist bulltrout that humans should be with their own kind so the choice was pretty simple. Ashley took it pretty well and sauntered off leaving me and Liara. She invited my back to her quarters for a more "private discussion". Cue bom-chikka-wow-wow music.

As it turns out, she still isn't ready to get freaky just yet. She's glad I chose her but wants to wait until we've saved the universe. Jeez! I might be dead by then! Being a true gent though, I respected her wishes and left her quarters. I'll be in my bunk.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I love your recaps haha. Yeah see, Ashley says some crazy racist trout all the time. And people like her more than Kaidan!

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I love your recaps haha. Yeah see, Ashley says some crazy racist trout all the time. And people like her more than Kaidan!
    Eh, I don't really like either of them. They were my two least favorite squad mates in the game, easily.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Now the disappointing distraction of Uncharted 4 is out of the way, I can crack on with a game I've enjoyed much more. Excited as I'm approaching the end and then I can start Mass Effect 2!

Next stop Noveria!

You would think that being a Spectre would carry some weight in this universe, but no. Within seven seconds of landing in Feros I was having my arse shot at. Now we've reached Noveria and what happens? Some bitch shouts at me and tries to take away my guns. I resisted the temptation to use the old "Do you know who I am?" line and managed to sweet-talk my way into keeping my weapons.

So I make my way to the plaza and get myself a meeting with the head honcho of Noveria. I think he's called Anus or something. Fitting really as he's a total arsehole. Told me bugger all and avoided my questions like the plague.

After leaving Butthole in his office, I found a friendly Turian called Loki Qui Gon Jinn (or something) who is basically having his office searched illegally by Anus. An illegal anus search, if you will. Loki has asked me to recover some data from his office before he gets rumbled. I agreed because he's gonna give me a garage key (which Anus flat out refused to give me) and I need to get out of this damn plaza.

So yeah, that's where I'm up to. Gonna crack on tonight or tomorrow as I'm itching to get into Liara's pants onto Mass Effect 2.
    Last edited by Bubba; 05-31-2016 at 06:13 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Noveria's plaza is probably the most drab, uninviting welcome hall in the entire game. Everything​ is made of concrete.

Glad you're picking this back up, though Bubba!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Well after Noveria it's full steam to the end of the game at that point! Once you finish that mission you'll have a lot of very important plot and character development happening and it'll move fast! You're getting closer!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Is Noveria your last mission world, or do you also have Virmire as well to do?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, Virmire will be the last one. I've explored pretty much everything else so it's just these last two main missions and that's it! Best game I've played in a long time.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

So glad to hear that! I'm excited to hear your thoughts about it all after you finish the first game!

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I couldn't resist asking if she knew who I was. Then I told her with my pistol to her face. She didn't like it much.

Even though the plot is full steam ahead after this planet, keep in mind that in this game there's no penalty for exploring anywhere you haven't seen or finishing any missions you haven't yet. It's only once you get to the last planet that you don't have an option to finish everything up.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm quite the perfectionist so I did everything before Virmire.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, as soon as I'm done with Noveria I'll be heading back to the Citadel. Then I'm gonna do a mop up of any side planets I haven't done (though there won't be much) before heading to Virmire.

Didn't get chance to crack on last night because of baby duties but I have a lie-in tomorrow so this evening I will be continuing!