Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141828 ... LastLast

Thread: Bubba's Mass Effect Adventures

Articles
    Blog Entries

UNC: Asari Writings is absolutely essential to the complete fulfilliment of a ME3 quest, whose role it is seemingly to check you've done several unrelated sidequests you'd never think were relevant. Sneaky. While you're at it, make sure you have the Elkoss Combine armoury licence, and retrieved Gavin Hossle's data on Feros. With all that done, a certain someone will be able to assist you in ME3.

UNC: Valuable Minerals, UNC: Turian Insignias and UNC: Locate Signs of Battle (Salarian I.Ds and Medallions) do not affect anything, besides completing the journal entry. Bear in mind that there's more pick-ups than you actually need to complete these quests, and sourcing valuable minerals boost your credits by a sizeable amount regardless.

Go for the Asari Writings and pick up valuable minerals on the way, but you can safely ignore the other two if you don't want to.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Collecting them all gives a bonus to your starting stuff in ME2. It's worth doing it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Still on mop up and all these collectibles are totting up. I may yet complete them all! If I don't though and I'm a couple short, I expect you all to scour my posts in this thread and point me in right direction. Cheers in advance, you guys.

Just finished a mission on Agememnon or something. After finding all the minerals, I headed to the tunnel here fully expecting a crap load of enemies. None came. Instead, at the end I'm greeted by a hologram of T S Eliot who caves me in the tunnel and sets off a bomb to detonate in 10 seconds. For such an amazing poet who wrote works of art like The Waste Land... he's actually a bit of a prick. I hope at some point I catch up with the IRL T S Eliot and shoot him in the face.

I cracked three consecutive 10-button decryptions and disarmed the bomb! Admittedly, you were given slightly more time between button presses but I still think I'm pretty smurfing awesome.

My inflated ego was duly popped a few moments later when I emerged and made my way back to the mako. I noticed there were a load of people milling about there. I didn't see any red dots so I assumed they were friendly scientists or something having a planet party. I ran up to them hoping they'd greet me with a jovial wave and some pity XP. I WAS WRONG. They greeted me with a barrage of gunfire and killed me . The worst part was, I hadn't saved for ages and ended up back at the start of the damn tunnel

I did the whole thing again and sniped the pretend scientists from the safety of... a long way away.

Tune in next time for more foolish deaths and long periods without saving.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Well, that's not very nice. I think it's only common courtesy to greet someone with a "How do you do?" before you fill them with bullet holes.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    Well, that's not very nice. I think it's only common courtesy to greet someone with a "How do you do?" before you fill them with bullet holes.
    Exactly. Why can't everyone be civil?

I'm level 43 and think I'm levelled enough to take on Virmire. I'm still mopping up though and can't stop until I've seen every planet! My UNC side missions are dwindling now so I'm gonna stick out the sidequests until completion. theundeadhero has convinced me to try and get everything as I want to be awesome in Mass Effect 2.

I have a gig tonight then I'm gonna get another good hour of mopping in to wind down. I can see the finishing line!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Exactly. Why can't everyone be civil?

I'm level 43 and think I'm levelled enough to take on Virmire. I'm still mopping up though and can't stop until I've seen every planet! My UNC side missions are dwindling now so I'm gonna stick out the sidequests until completion. theundeadhero has convinced me to try and get everything as I want to be awesome in Mass Effect 2.

I have a gig tonight then I'm gonna get another good hour of mopping in to wind down. I can see the finishing line!
    The maximum level in the game is 50, and even with EXP bonuses from trophies and accomplishments, you still won't reach that figure. I got to level 48 - with bonuses and doing everything - so you're levelled just fine.

A quick heads up about the endgame: after Virmire, you're on rails for a bit at another location. Once you leave that location, do not head to the final planet until you're certain you've done everything, as heading there is the game's point of no return and there's no postgame mopping up segment. Once you hit the end, that's it. So just be careful to check that you have everything complete before embarking on that final planetary excursion.

Articles
    Blog Entries

If a certain squad member doesn't survive Virmire I'm going to be at you.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If a certain squad member doesn't survive Virmire I'm going to be at you.
    What are you talking about? They're all going to survive!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Don't spoil things for him, Ayen! Virmire is a beautiful mission, though. I love it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Don't spoil things for him, Ayen! Virmire is a beautiful mission, though. I love it.
    Well, it's a good thing you posted this because I was two seconds away from being a dildo.

I remember literally only three things about this mission.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It's a pretty memorable mission in my opinion. Of the bunch, I found the 'Rescue Liara' mission to be the most forgettable. Literally one thing happened in that mission.

Articles
    Blog Entries

In my case it has less to do with the quality of the mission, and more to do with having not played the game in a while. I remember the beginning section of the game the best since I played through it the most. I'm as bad as my brother is when he's always starting new games in Dragon Age Inquisition.

The maximum level in the game is 50, and even with EXP bonuses from trophies and accomplishments, you still won't reach that figure. I got to level 48 - with bonuses and doing everything - so you're levelled just fine.
    Actually, the level cap is 60 and you reached 58. But, that was with experience bonuses you get from having completed the game once already. Probably 52-54 is the maximum you can actually reach on a first playthrough, with no bonuses.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    Actually, the level cap is 60 and you reached 58. But, that was with experience bonuses you get from having completed the game once already. Probably 52-54 is the maximum you can actually reach on a first playthrough, with no bonuses.
    Damn, I must have blanked 10 whole levels. To be honest, 60 is really high for one game. Mass Effect 2 has a cap of 30.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Got a decent amount of time in after my gig and had 90 minutes last night to finally finish my mop up! There are still a few people I need to meet at places to complete side quests but I'm just about ready for Virmire! In terms of all the collectible stuff, here is where I'm at.

Asari Writings: 13/10
    Prothean Artifacts: 7/7

Turian Emblems: 12/13
    League Medallions: 8/10

Salarian ID Tags: 3/3

Light Metals: 20/20
    Heavy Metals: 22/20
    Rare Earths: 25/20
    Gases: 10/10

Well trout. Unless there are a few things down on Virmire I have no idea where to look for these last three things. The Turian Emblems one is particularly annoying. I could cheat and look for a list of their locations online but I would be really disappointed in myself.

Can you guys at least confirm whether I need to find these things before I head to Virmire or might there be some of them there?