Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151929 ... LastLast

Thread: Bubba's Mass Effect Adventures

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

There could be. I don't remember. If not, you'll have the opportunity to find them after Virmire. There's also randoms chunks of searchable rocks in asteroid fields you may not have found in other systems too.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    There could be. I don't remember. If not, you'll have the opportunity to find them after Virmire. There's also randoms chunks of searchable rocks in asteroid fields you may not have found in other systems too.
    Ahh right, I thought Virmire was the point of no return? Or is there a quick chance to complete unfinished business?

EDIT: Ahh, didn't read Formy's post properly.
    Last edited by Bubba; 06-15-2016 at 10:58 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, just to reiterate, your itinerary for the endgame is:

-> Virmire
    -> On rails section in a location (I won't spoil where, though)

-> Free roaming

----Point of no Return----

-> Ilos
    -> Final Mission

After the on-rails section, you're back in the Normandy. As long as you don't head to Ilos, you're golden. The Turian insignias and Salarian medallions don't have an effect on any quest in ME: 2 and ME: 3, but they might influence an achievement or something. I'd try and get them regardless, just to say you've done everything and you are close, but without a guide, it'll be a bit of a slog.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Asari Writings: 14/10
    Prothean Artifacts: 8/7

Turian Emblems: 13/13
    League Medallions: 9/10

Salarian ID Tags: 3/3

Light Metals: 22/20
    Heavy Metals: 23/20
    Rare Earths: 25/20
    Gases: 10/10

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

So close haha. I'm excited for your virmire take. It takes the game from "oh this bad guy you need to stop" to "holy trout you nees to smurfing stop this bad guy omg" I'm trying not to hype you too much but it's honestly my favorite turning point in games.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I know, I'm itching to get to Virmire! All my sidequests are done apart from this last one with the league medallions. It's so infuriating. I might just look up a list of their locations online, smurf it. I've put in the hard work getting everything so surely I can allow myself to cheat for this last little thing?

I'll still know and be annoyed with myself but the thought of scouring the galaxy for this one little medallion is not appealing in the slightest. I want some action, dammit!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yeah I don't think it'd be really cheating to look up the last league thingy. You're good, we wont judge haha

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Shame Shame Shame

But worth it. Look it up! I would

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Yeah I don't think it'd be really cheating to look up the last league thingy. You're good, we wont judge haha
    I'll judge.

7/10.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So with Ayen's judgement ringing in my ears, I pushed on without a guide.

What's the old saying? "You wait ages for a bus then two come along at once." Not that I would know, I don't get on buses with the peasants. Anyway, within 30 minutes of starting back up this evening I found TWO league medallions (turns out I'd not fully explored the Armstrong Cluster) and my conscience is clear.

After a quick trip back to the Citadel and a chat with all my crew, I'm finally ready! It looks like I've maxed out at Level 50. I'm no longer getting XP at any rate. My team are kitted out, plenty of inventory spaces and all skill points used. Let's go and hunt down Saren and kick some ass!

Just landed in Virmire. Stay tuned for my closing stages

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    After a quick trip back to the Citadel and a chat with all my crew, I'm finally ready! It looks like I've maxed out at Level 50. I'm no longer getting XP at any rate. My team are kitted out, plenty of inventory spaces and all skill points used. Let's go and hunt down Saren and kick some ass!
    Ah, yes, you're correct: you are capped at level 50 for your first playthrough. Subsequent playthroughs increase it to 60. I wasn't aware of this as I've only played using Mr. Carny's account, thus I always thought it was 60.

Well done though for reaching the cap!

Articles
    Blog Entries

We're gonna build a sphere around Earth and the Reapers are gonna pay for it!

I wish there was a way to amuse the council at the beginning of the first game, instead of insisting you push the Reapers deal. I was just glad with being able to go after Saren. I didn't give a smurf if they believed in the Reapers threat at the time or not. At that point I couldn't fault them for taking the stances they did. Especially that original case against Saren before finding more concrete proof. That was just terribly put together.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Virmire!

Another warm welcome here as I barely had time to take in the beautiful scenery before the mako takes a rocket to the face. I stepped out of the mako briefly to do some sniping before realising that it would do me no good at all as I was already maxed out. Time to wreck some s**t with the mako! As it turns out, I got pretty wrecked myself. Saren had spared no expense when arming his troops as every smurfer had a rocket launcher.

I had a rather embarrassing moment when I managed to impale my mako on a rock and was unable to move. I span my wheels for a few minute like a turtle on its back before finally realising I could just use the jump button to get off. The first human spectre, everybody.

Reached a guard station and took care of everyone on foot to give my mako some recovery time. I'm a pistol-toting badass now I've reached Level 50. Embarrassing moment number two coming up. I reached the middle section and failed to realise that it is actually a huge circle. After failing to check the map, I proceeded to drive round the whole thing twice before finally coming to my senses and checking where the hell I was. I got lost by driving in a circle. The first human spectre, everybody.

I then happened upon another guard tower and considered driving straight through until I realised this one had its gates down. Oh well. Leave mako, kill things, open gate. Done. I was a bit disappointed when I then came across a third gate and had to do exactly the same thing. My mako was on its last legs and I was honestly done with this section. As the soon as the gate was open though I arrived at the Salarian Camp. Well paced, game. Well paced.

Spoke to the head of the Salarian army, Commander Kerosine. Straight-talking guy, I liked him. Unfortunately, Wrex was having a bit of a tantrum so he needed a severe talking to. I forget why he was upset now, maybe his shoes were too tight. Ahh, I remember! It was this Genophage business which is pretty horrific actually. The Salarians introduced the Genophage to control the Krogan population which meant only one-in-a-thousand Krogan births were successful. Really smurfing horrible. Saren has cured the Genophage in order to breed a Krogan army. The Salarians just want to destroy the facility along with the cure. I can understand why Wrex was upset... though he may also have had tight shoes because he was very grumpy.

So yeah, I told him he had beautiful eyes and gave him a big cuddle and he was fine. +24 Paragon

Spoke to Commander Kerosine and I had my first big decision to make! He wanted to take one of my team members to lead one of his teams. My choices were Kaidan and Ashley. Putting aside my personal differences, I decided to use my Commander head. Ashley was the better soldier so I let her lead Commander Kerosine's team.

Tune in next time to see the horrific repercussions of that decision
    Last edited by Bubba; 06-23-2016 at 11:40 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Phew, you actually have to shoot Wrex there if your Paragon isn't high enough. So you saved a teammate!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Phew, you actually have to shoot Wrex there if your Paragon isn't high enough. So you saved a teammate!
    I'm relieved!

Formy was right, Wrex has really grown on me throughout the course of the game. I didn't like him much at first but yeah... the guy is awesome!