Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8121314151617181920212223242838 ... LastLast

Thread: Bubba's Mass Effect Adventures

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post

Don't read this Bubba.
    (SPOILER)Seriously Bubba: don't do it(SPOILER)How many times do I need to warn you?(SPOILER)This is just getting ridiculous.(SPOILER)Fine. You can kind of doom the Batarians to death by destroying the mass relay and the planet filled with hundreds of thousands of people

Cool. I never noticed that cos I ditched my save after ME2 so I could play ME3 on the WiiU instead!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's funny because after I got ME2 in the steam summer sale I immediately noped out of it when I found out the decisions they make for you and went and bought the original again on Steam so I could carry a save with my choices all the way through.

I played ME2 before ME1 for some reason. I just wish there was an option to leave Ashley AND Kaidan to die in a generic vanilla explosion.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I agree with Vivi, the generic choices they choose for you are terrible!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What choices do they make just out of curiosity?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't think this is an exhaustive list, but I'm pretty sure playing a vanilla ME: 2 results in:

- Garrus was recruited
    - Wrex was recruited
    - The feros colony was not saved
    - Shiala, the asari, was killed by the Thorian
    - The Rachni Queen died
    - Shepard killed Wrex on Virmire
    - Shepard had no romance
    - The Destiny Ascension, along with the council, was destroyed.
    - Udina was named counsellor
    - Ashley survived Virmire if Shepard is male, Kaiden survived Virmire if Shepard is female
    - All side missions and DLC content are considered as if you did not complete them

Honestly, it is pretty crappy choices they pick for you.

Can you NOT recruit Garrus?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I honestly noped out of their choices when I figured out they destroyed the council and Kaiden was alive. Immediately went back and replayed the first game.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    I honestly noped out of their choices when I figured out they destroyed the council and Kaiden was alive.
    Don't worry, man. I'm carrying this scenario on for you

Edit: Made significant progress this weekend. Update to follow shortly!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Big update coming! I'll attempt to restrict my waffling but will probably fail miserably...

We left Shepard recovering from a monster hangover and he stumbled his way into another sidequest. This poor Quarian has a shop selling salvage parts. He came here on his Pilgrimage but now can't afford to leave. Maybe it was the residual alcohol in Shepard's system but he did seem saddened by this. A nearby Elcor called Harriet was forcing poor Ken to keep his prices high which meant he couldn't sell anything. I love those funny-talking Elcors! I'll happily have a chat with the dude and get him to chill out on his prices. Leave it with me, son!

Harriet was already pretty chilled actually. After I threatened to break his legs (which of course I wouldn't do to a funny-talking Elcor!) he agreed to let Ken charge what he wants. Shepard saves the day yet again. Ken was mighty pleased and I had a bit of a soft spot for the guy so I offered to pay his 1000 credit ticket off Omega. He duly accepted and buggered off. I thought I'd take this opportunity to raid his shop as he clearly no longer needed his gear. I was pretty miffed to discover that I still had to pay for any items. What the hell, man?! Give me back my 1000 credits! Anyway, I bought some couplings as I remember my engineers banging on about them. Sidequest updated!

Whilst in this seedy back alley, I had a brief chat with these Vorcha dudes. They were as attractive as they were friendly. Something tells me I will be putting a few of these guys in body bags before too long.

Anyhoo, let's crack on and get this professor. The entrance to Quarantine was guarded by a... well, a guard, which makes sense. Some human lady was trying to get in to access her apartment before it gets looted. Her argument was valid as it turns out Humans and Vorcha are not affected by the plague. I managed to convince the guard doing the guarding that I was here to clean up this mess! He seemed unconvinced but let me past anyway. Maybe I'll loot that lady's apartment... we'll see!

After picking up some element zero I noticed a couple of Vorcha in the distance. Spotting their health bars I assumed they weren't going to greet me with a jovial wave. I proceeded to snipe one in the head and holy sh*t the sniper is amazing! So glad I went Infiltrator again!

There was a particularly unwell Batarian dude lying against the wall who we had a decent chat with. He obviously hates us because obviously humans created this plague in an obvious attempt to kill other races. Obviousness is obvious. Anyway, prick, I'll let your accusations slide for the time being as I need some answers. I gave him some meds via one of those quicktime things (not that the f**ker deserved it). He told us about Dr. Mordin Solus and his groovy lab further along. Apparently the doctor is a bit of a badass and he's killed a load of Vorcha protecting his patients. Sounds like my kind of team mate! I told this Batarian prick that I'd send someone to help him... maybe.

A bit of a sad moment here. I hacked my way into some guy's quarters and he'd been locked in to stop the plague spreading. He didn't even have the plague and he ended up dying of starvation. We all shed a tear, Kasumi lit a candle and Jacob gave a heart-wrenching rendition of Amazing Grace. Out of respect, we then robbed his safe.

Next we finally had some decent action! These Blue Sun jokers ambushed us and were pretty tough cookies. There were loads of the little blighters but our special powers saved the day. Kasumi is awesome! She keeps going invisible and sneaking up on them. Jacob's Wingardium Leviosa spell was pretty effective too. I've definitely noticed my squad mate's presence more than I did in ME1. About smurfing time.

I found these two cowardly humans holed up in their apartment. They were pretty dull, to be honest. Yada yada yada nasty threatening Vorcha yada yada. Grow a pair, will you? I guaranteed them safe passage because I'm nice... not before robbing their safe though. Hazard pay. I'm sure they understood.

There was a dead Turian a bit further along holding a sweet new gun. He clearly had no need for it now so I swiped it and hurried on. Another wave of Vorcha to deal with which caused very little trouble thanks mainly to Kasumi slicing everyone up. She is awesome.

Once the fight was over I managed to find my way into an abandoned apartment building. At least, I thought it was abandoned. Two looters were here and hoo boy... DO I NOT LIKE LOOTERS. They tried to explain their presence by saying the owners of the apartment were actually dead. Shepard responded by saying "Stealing from the dead is pretty low, don't you think?" Mate, it's been less than five minutes since you stole a gun from a dead Turian. What a hypocrite.

Anyway, I wagged my finger at them, told them they'd been very naughty boys and I would give them a sound spanking if I ever caught them at it again.

OK, this post is already too long. Second half of the update to come later on today!
    Last edited by Bubba; 08-01-2016 at 04:07 PM.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

your commentary is the best xD

Articles
    Blog Entries

It really is. Though I have more sympathy for the ailing Batarian than you do, Bubba.

You mentioned the sniper rifle - my second (first male) Mass Effect playthough had me as Infiltrator in this game. The Sniper Rifle is awesome. It's so much more usable thanks to the time dilation effect inherent to the Infiltrator. Seriously, it's so good. You get better sniper rifles as well as you go through the game, too.

As for Kasumi, easily one of the best team members in the game, both personality and gameplay. Shadow Strike is so powerful. It has a 2x damage multiplier against barriers, shield and armour, and incapacitates unprotected enemies (if they live). But what I really like is the fact that she tends to draw enemy fire away from you when she reappears, as enemies are distracted by her sudden presence.

When she's loyal, she becomes even better with Flashbang Grenade. It incapacitates any enemy within the impact radius, which gets pretty big. It also disables tech and biotics for a bit, too.

Coupled with the ever reliable Overload, Kasumi is killer. Her loyalty mission is really fun, but also rather tough, but you should just about be able to do it after getting the Doc.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Kasumi is awesome

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So I finally made it to Mordin's lab and this guy is freakin' hilarious. He sounds like he's just inhaled 4 grams of cocaine. Clearly very intelligent whilst simultaneously bat-trout crazy. He's perfect for my team

Anyway, he reckons the Collectors made this plague and the Vorcha are just transporting it. Luckily, the crazy genius has knocked up a cure. He just needs me to stick it through the air con (or something like that) and that will get everyone cured. At least I think that's what he said. Slow down, for smurfs sake. He asked me to keep an eye out for his assistant too. Fine, but only if it's gonna get me some XP.

We made our way out the back of the lab and took part in a bit of Vorcha culling. These idiots were just stood there waiting to be shot like Donald Trump at his next rally (hopefully). My sniper was the order of the day here... until things got out of hand then I just hid while Kasumi cleared them all out. I found Daniel (the doctor's assistant) being held at gunpoint by some badass Batarians. Seeing as he has an awesome name, I decided he was worth saving.

A bit further on and some sh*tbags decided to fire some rocket launchers at us. Well that's not nice, is it? The old trusty sniper makes another appearance. Did I mention I love this gun? Although, I do miss the overheat mechanic in the first game. Picking up ammo is a pain in the arse. Plus, I keep running out of sniper bullets.

It turns out the Vorcha are definitely working for the Collectors. They've shut down the air con and are being generally inconvenient. I clearly am not gonna stand for this so we dispatched the offending offenders and placed the cure vial in the machine. Job done! Well, it would have been if the fans were on. Which they weren't. Right then, let's add air con mechanic to the ever-increasing skill set of Shepard. They were located in two separate sections which unsurprisingly came hand-in-hand with a load of ugly Vorcha assassins. It was this point I decided that Kasumi would never leave my team because she is a killing machine. Whereas Shepard appears to be a start-things-off-so-Kasumi-can-finish-the-job machine.

Two fans now functioning that appears to be mission over! I find myself transported back to Mordin's lab where hopefully he'll now agree to join my team of intergalactic heroes!

Tune in next time when Mordin is hand-cuffed to a goat for 24 hours as part of his Normandy initiation ceremony.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

EEEEE! You got/are getting Mordin! He's a fun character.

I can't wait for your next omega mission!