Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Midgar Mist and FF6

Blog Entries

So...any further tips any of you wanna offer at this point?

UPDATE: I had fun with white water rafting for a while, then the infamous Ultros showed up (he MUST be infamous, why else would his fiendish little character sprite appear in the EoFF emotes?)
    Last edited by Midgar Mist; 03-29-2016 at 01:04 AM.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

He is a pain. Hope you don't mind seeing him more. He is weak against fire and Sketch.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You're about to reach one of the more interesting parts of the game.

Blog Entries

Yes, I've discovered this split story. FFNut recommends I do the Sabin story last if I want to work on Gau.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

yeeeouch. seafood soup!

i did sabin first cos he was my favourite at the time.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Doing Sabin last will fill the Velt with more monsters for Gau to Leap and be able to Rage is why I do Sabin last.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Question: So i fought vargas and stole Mythril claws. died, tried again. and only got to steal a tonic.

wtf happened to the claws??

Blog Entries

Aww sweetie, your so good at this game as well. I'm sure it wont affect things.

So I've been around. Just found out where Terra flew off to. Now I've got me some Magicite (about time). Zozo is one weird little riddle of a town. Why does it look like a bomb has hit it?

Could someone point me in the direction of a decent list for Sabin's Blitz attacks? He's devised a new one, that's all I know.

Also when can I pick up Mog? The FAQ didn't say exactly when in the game I'm supposed to save him. I've been in Narshe twice and I know nothing about this business of saving him over a hairpin.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Galuf View Post
    Question: So i fought vargas and stole Mythril claws. died, tried again. and only got to steal a tonic.

wtf happened to the claws??
    Enemies carry both common and rare items but will only drop/have stolen one of them. So basically the RNG rewarded you and then screwed you.

Quote Originally Posted by Midgar Mist View Post
    Aww sweetie, your so good at this game as well. I'm sure it wont affect things.

So I've been around. Just found out where Terra flew off to. Now I've got me some Magicite (about time). Zozo is one weird little riddle of a town. Why does it look like a bomb has hit it?
    The town was basically built by the poor people kicked out of Jidoor, though I prefer the fan theory that the rich simply moved out of Zozo to their country homes in Jidoor. Would at least explain the skyscraper and tall apartment buildings.

Could someone point me in the direction of a decent list for Sabin's Blitz attacks? He's devised a new one, that's all I know.
    If you go into the menu under magic, you should be able to select Blitz and have it tell you the command. Otherwise, I would check the forum front site.

Also when can I pick up Mog? The FAQ didn't say exactly when in the game I'm supposed to save him. I've been in Narshe twice and I know nothing about this business of saving him over a hairpin.
    Mog becomes available after you get full control of the airship and have visited the Magitch Lab.

Blog Entries

So riddle me this.....how do you remove an esper from a character? Without replacing it with another? I wanna change things up.....do I have to wait to get a fifth esper just to swap it out? Dumb question maybe but.....

Click on a blank spot in the esper list with whoever you want to unequip their esper.

Blog Entries

Update: I've been to the heart of the empire. I've lost Celes but regained Terra (why can't I have both yet?). I've flown around and picked up some more rages for Gau. My current team is him, terra, edgar and locke. I'm completely ignoring Setzer and resting Sabin for now. But I've hit another snag....I'm stuck in the dungeon between that base and the esper world. I've just passed the save point where those drop down ninjas spring me. Down the stairs, try to find my way through that tunnel and....stuck. Bah......

Scratch that....just jiggled it a bit more and got through.

These 16 bit era dungeons can be a little clunky, what with them being 2D and all. I know there's a split party one that drives me insane sometime after this.....I shall be using exclaimation marks in my posts at that stage I think.....

Any tips anyone wants to offer about the Esper realm?
    Last edited by Midgar Mist; 04-01-2016 at 05:38 AM.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

You don't really get anything but Terra's back story there. You will head to Thamasa next with Locke and Terra. Meet a old friend there too. My advice in the next section is steal with Locke and the Phantom Espers works great in the area. It is also a great place to grind if needed.

Blog Entries

Wait....ummm don't I need to go to Vector now? The ship has just crash landed near Maranda if I'm not mistaken. And I was unaware that one doesn't enter the esper realm. THAT wouldve been so much cooler than a bunch of espers flying out in attack mode and walling up the entrance. At least Kefka got blown away for now...and those imperial jerks are quaking in their boots for once ha ha!

So yeah I think its Vector next isn't it?

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Hint use a guide for the dinner. You can get some awesome stuff as a result of perfect Run in with the empire.