Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Midgar Mist and FF6

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Have you visited Duncan's house with Sabin to learn Bum rush yet? It's very worthwhile, and then you can give Gogo blitz and have two of them.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Bum Rush is great. I set Gogo up with Blitz Rage, and Magic as his specialties and he destroys for me.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

isnt there a thing you can do if you bring Gau to his dads house?

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Yes you can, do it with Sabin and Cyan for the cannon result. And Setzer is great to bring too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    To find Alexander, take Cyan back to Doma and spend the night, you may wish to save before doing so. For extra oomph, bring Terra along, same when you go to Figaro to get Odin.
    I didnt fight that monster in a box, reset to my save point when i accidentally wandered in.

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    Yes Galuf is right with Doom Gaze. If hunting him make sure your levels don't end with a 5 or a 0 as he will always open with lvl 5.0 doom. Strago is great to use fighting him as he learns his more powerful blue magic from Doomgazes attacks. Also I like to get Oden before having a nap at Doma, as Oden/Raiden Espers come in very handy in Doma.
    After a fruitless search, i looked it up online and went to Doma. The bit I remembered myself was what I was told at Thamasa. I needed walkthrough help for one bit of the ghost train, worked out the rest until......WrexSoul. What he said at the beginning of the battle...I dont like where this is going......do all my players have to be near KO before I can attack? Is there any way to do it using Terra Celes and Relm cos Ive got no reliable All attacks with these three. Or.....am I just stuck at this point forever?

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    Have you visited Duncan's house with Sabin to learn Bum rush yet? It's very worthwhile, and then you can give Gogo blitz and have two of them.
    Yeahhhh....Ive struggled with Sabin's Blitz attacks. I tried the most basic one with a diagonal arrow in (several times) and it doesnt work. Im definitely hitting both buttons....but nothing. Ive been coasting by on his attacks and Pummel (which does seem to get more powerful as he gains levels)

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

WrexSoul will posses on player at random. Beat up that player until he appears and beat him up. It's the long way to do it. I used to just summon Odin and it ends the battle too however you can miss out on his prize that way.

Pas for the monster in the box under Figaro it's a tough fight but drops the offering. Well worth the trouble of it all.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Double post... With Sabin's blitz attacks try just rolling your thumb on the d-pad. Another trick that people say works for playing with a keyboard is if the blitz AuraBolt is down, down left, then left. Try down, down, left. It may work.

Blog Entries

WrexSoul will posses on player at random. Beat up that player until he appears and beat him up. It's the long way to do it. I used to just summon Odin and it ends the battle too however you can miss out on his prize that way.

Pas for the monster in the box under Figaro it's a tough fight but drops the offering. Well worth the trouble of it all.
    Im assuming this prize is Alexander so I want that. How can I tell which one he's possessed? He seems to be possessing one of his soul savers.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Midgar Mist View Post

Im assuming this prize is Alexander so I want that. How can I tell which one he's possessed? He seems to be possessing one of his soul savers.
    No, the prize is actually a Pod Bracelet, which is not terribly worth the frustration of beating him since there are easier ways to obtain them. I forgot to mention he also possesses the third Memento Ring in the game, but it's hardly worth it since only Relm and Shadow can wear them. Alexander is one of the rewards for finishing off Wrexsoul and you'll find the magicite in the real world after you really wake up.

The only magicite you can lose out on by "cheating" to win are Fenrir and Bahamut, but even then it only pertains to using Break or X-Zone on them since that will delay their turn and skip the Magicite obtain cutscene.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Wolf is correct. You won't miss out on Alexander bye cheating out WrexSoul. Just a pod bracelet. Not sure if Gogo can equip the third momento ring or not, but I'm guessing you didn't bring Locke anyhow.

Blog Entries

Yay! I get to be the 100th post in my own thread.

UPDATE: So I'm getting my best mages on learning the powerful magic I've gained. After finding a clue from Duncan's wife that didn't pan out, I looked it up online and found exactly where his cabin is. And....how was I ever supposed to work out that it was five trees in the shape of a cross. How?

Anyway, found it and got Bum Rush. I've been practising rolling my thumb around the controls and its worked with AuraBolt. Just have to roll it fully round to learn this one.

I'm training up to deal with Kefka. How strong do my second and third parties have to be? And if I send Mog in on his own with the Moogle Charm, won't that mean he would have to deal with boss monsters? On his own?

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

You'll still have to fight bosses, yeah. The three parties should be equal in strength since they each have to fight a boss.

Blog Entries

That shouldnt be a problem this playthrough

But I'm assuming party A fights Kefka?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by Midgar Mist View Post
    That shouldnt be a problem this playthrough

But I'm assuming party A fights Kefka?
    you get to choose who fights him when you reach him

tech spirit
    Articles