Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: General Beatrix

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Honestly, I would buy a spin-off series with Beatrix and Blank. I have no idea why they would be adventuring together, but I would accept any bulltrout reason and any god awful plot if only it gets me more Beatrix and Blank.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Beatrix has grown on me recently, but I wish she was more fleshed out and we got to learn how she became so powerful.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

I'm playing through this game on my phone (I really love the mechanics of it on the iphone), probably for the 20th time in my life.

This is still my favorite game. And she is still my all-time favorite final fantasy character. There's something about the exterior badass/interior softie that always gets me.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I'd have much preferred her on the team, especially with how cool Save the Queen looks. I'd say I would hope that a port would include her, but there's been a couple and outside of maybe the Steam port there's no way to get it :C

Articles
    Blog Entries

How would Beatrix becoming a main character change the game from a mechanics and narrative perspective? Would it make the former easier or harder, and how would it change the course of events, if at all, with the latter?

I was actually pondering that myself. I believe we would have delved more into her relationship with Steiner, adding in the secondary romance in the story and giving it more life, similar to how they built up D&Z, but with less. Perhaps they would have touched upon her and Steiner's backstory a bit more but probably wouldn't have wasted too much time on it. I think the main thing she would have done is added in some exceptionally wise insight into the rest of the plot in advising all the youngins'. That's how I would see it unfolding.

Battle wise, you don't really need her, though. Steiner is 1,000 times more powerful and learns all her abilities, at least, the ones that really count.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Steiner and Beatrix compliment each other. What if that just isn't limited to a story perspective? What if that can be realized with simple gaming mechanics? Like how Vivi creates Steiner's fire sword early on in the game. What strategies can we then devised from their combination and how does it affect different enemies and bosses. Would new enemies have to be created to compensate for ease in difficulty? Can we then create something new with our own characters and stories using these mechanics with FFIX being the source of inspiration? Are there games that exist now that has already done that? And if so, what are they, where can we find them, and how can we play them?

I never did figure out why they didn't have Beatrix join the party instead of Amarant. She could easily have been fit into that role in the story, and most people already would've liked her as a character.

The only reason I can think of is that they were desperate to have each character be a different class. Which they'd already buggered up with Eiko for story reasons. But Amarant's class is hardly anything at all. Doesn't seem like much was gained.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

https://youtu.be/zFFC7rOXFXg

With modding nowadays, our wet dreams can become a reality.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Now I feel like buying FFIX remaster for the mod. Beatrix and Quina's adventure plus two corpses. :bigsnile:

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Beatrix is Bae-trix.