Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance turns 4!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    So is Sora going to turn into Ash from the Pokemon series? Defeating monstrosities, saving the day, but is never quite able to actually win a damn tournament. Or in Sora's case, gain the mark of mastery?
    Did you just spoil yourself on the entire game?

spoilers for those who want to play the game instead of reading a synopsisAlso, no. This is totally different, because up until this point Sora was the one whose light shone so bright that he could save everyone from the darkness. Here, it turned out to be a weakness and Riku, the one who earlier turned to darkness (and actually got to grow from experiencing failure instead of being perfect from the beginning) is the one who saves him for a change. It's actually awesome how that was deconstructed in this game.

So no, Riku did better on the test, but Sora got the opportunity to learn from it, so it's only a matter of time until he gains the mark of mastery. Possibly at the beginning of III, I assume.

Articles
    Blog Entries

A victim of the 'going down to read the comments of a review' curse. I was thinking of perhaps getting it late last year (as I do have a 3DS) but thought against it and came up with my current plan. I don't mind so much, it's literally only the ending. It's not so much the destination than the journey!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So you're gonna get it or nah?

(Just please, play the HD collections beforehand, I beg you)

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    So you're gonna get it or nah?

(Just please, play the HD collections beforehand, I beg you)
    My plan is to go through the HD decimals collection in order. I have beaten I and II, but not for ages and especially I, so I might as well play them again. I'll end up playing CoM as well with that weird-ass card system. Then watching the movie of 382/2 Days, then seeing what the fuss of Birth by Sleep is, and then finally Dream Drop Distance.

It'll be expensive though, so I might save it for a Christmas adventure or something.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah. I recommend not watching Days until after II, though. And CoM is pretty brilliant, so you have that to look forward to.

But yeah, there really is no point going into 3D without the others. There's Days and BbS that give you the full meaning if you know all the other games, but the stuff in 3D is pretty much incomprehensible without all the other games (it's pretty crazy even if you do) because it's meant to tie them all up together before KH III.