Thread: Why Isn't There an FFIII Four Job Fiesta?

Default Why Isn't There an FFIII Four Job Fiesta?

For those not in the know, FFV has an event called the Four Job Fiesta, a charity thing where you are assigned four randomly selected Jobs at the start of the game and have to complete the game with those jobs and none other.

Now, I hear in FF3NES, only Sages and Ninjas are worth anything by the end. But in the Remake, every Job is viable till the end. It seems like it is tailor-made for this sort of thing. I would do it, if it existed.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

just a guess but. The remake of FFIII isnt widely easy to get. as in only DSand Steam. but FFV has like 5 ports or something.

or maybe because theres no Galuf.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

My thoughts were the same, Galuf. FFV has been released in the West going back so long (almost 20 years now), that there has been time to establish these events. FFIII is now just hitting 10 years on DS in the West.

Not only that, but I don't know it has been an especially good decade for the remake either, as I know relatively few people who have played and particularly enjoyed the title, so it hasn't fostered much of a community around itself. The game also has some moments to it that (and maybe this was changed in remake, I don't remember) don't lend themselves especially well to the format, such as the Nepto Shrine and Garuda fight, which I don't remember being the case in FFV.

Regarding the original on the NES, you can use some of the other classes for the final areas of the game without any real issue, but the Ninja and Sage are simply THE best classes and most people migrate over to them for that reason, especially since the Cloud of Darkness is basically a DPS race and losing to her is . . . time consuming.
    Last edited by Rez09; 03-29-2016 at 03:35 PM.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd say it has to do with the Mini/Toad dungeons as well as things like Garuda and the Cave of Darkness which even with the rebalance in IIIDS, are significantly less frustrating when you bother to bring the right class. The game structure around having the right classes to solve the issue at hand doesn't lend itself well to speed runs.

I will also concur that the game's lack of awareness within the FF community is also an issue as at least FFV has been a well known cult classic since the 90s whereas III was "that game on the NES that did the job class system first, but forget it, because FFV did it better."

Bah, I didn't use Dark Knight for any of the dungeons where enemies multiplied. Just bringa high-level Monk and you can kill almost anything in one attack.

Or use magic.

...BUT Iguess if you drew a run with no Monk or Black Mage or Geomancer or Summoner, you might be out of luck. Dunno, haven't tried it.
    FF3 Dark Knight sucks, anyway.

But good point about the Mini/Toad dungeons. There are items that you can use to change yourselves to those statuses but I'm not sure if they are available at the time you do those dungeons.

I feel like mallets are available early on so you can enter the mini village without mp, but I don't remember anything about an item to inflict toad. The bigger problem might be completing the Nepto Shrine if you don't roll a mage for your first crystal, since you have to do the whole thing mini'd and physical attacks deal no damage under that status.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

^ You could use magic items like arctic winds and such, but they are limited in supply.

Oooo, that's a good point. I don't think the rat has a lot of health, so three or so should take it down, and you should have that many if you didn't chuck them at the previous bosses.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

All that, plus nobody who's beaten this at least once isn't trying to do the final dungeon again.
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 03-31-2016 at 03:39 PM.

Play it on Steam like I did.

You get a lovely Autosave feature.