Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ocarina of Time vs. Final Fantasy VII?

I am just playing Ocarina of Time and it has such horribly clunky controls. It does not really help raising its position on my list.

A Link to The Past is where it is at for me when it comes to Zelda games.

Quote Originally Posted by Egami View Post
    A Link to The Past is where it is at for me when it comes to Zelda games.
    A Link Between Worlds is better.

On topic, I'd rate FFVII higher.

But when it comes to rating their remakes, I think Ocarina of Time 3D will wind up far superior to Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bright Shield View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    They are both overrated and prompt up by some of the more obnoxious fandoms in the gaming world. I'd say take a third option...
    Fine, I'll second this. So let's make it Final Fantasy VI vs. Majora's Mask.
    FFVI vs. Link to the Past would be more appropriate since they're within the same console generation. Just saying...

In both cases, 7 vs. OoT and 6 vs. ALttP, I prefer the FF entries to the Zelda entries, but it isn't like I don't think highly of the Zelda titles as well. Regarding 7 and OoT, I found Materia customization and combinations more interesting than anything OoT had to offer, and the same goes for playing around with various character skills and equipment setups in 6 vs. anything in ALttP. All things considered though, I'm not sure how good a comparison I can make between the titles, seeing how different the experiences they deliver are, and there are certainly times I'm more in a Zelda mood than a Final Fantasy mood.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bright Shield View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    They are both overrated and prompt up by some of the more obnoxious fandoms in the gaming world. I'd say take a third option...
    Fine, I'll second this. So let's make it Final Fantasy VI vs. Majora's Mask.
    ALttP would have been a more adequate choice here

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Not really sure how you can compare them when Zelda games fall far heavier into the action-adventure genre than they do RPG.

Both are two of my favourite games of all time, for vastly different reasons to the other.

FFVII I enjoyed the story that made me think about video games in a way I hadn't before, the spectacle and the customisation. In terms of exploration though, the world didn't feel all that cohesive.

OoT I enjoyed the adventure, the quintessential fantasy story, the puzzles and that nearly all the side-quests, side-puzzles etc resulted in something rewarding - particularly the Metroid style adventure, where everytime you got a new item you could (usually) go back to an old area and discover something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    From an objective standpoint? FFVII. From a personal standpoint? Ocarina of Time.
    I would've said the exact opposite! Lol.

From an objective standpoint: Ocarina. Because I can think of almost nothing wrong with that game (all I can think of is that there's nothing to spend rupees on in the late-game)

I just prefer FF7 more for emotional reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    From an objective standpoint? FFVII. From a personal standpoint? Ocarina of Time.
    I would've said the exact opposite! Lol.

From an objective standpoint: Ocarina. Because I can think of almost nothing wrong with that game (all I can think of is that there's nothing to spend rupees on in the late-game)

I just prefer FF7 more for emotional reasons.
    I think Ocarina's controls are such a major turn off. Now that I got the Zelda feaver again I was able to ignore that partially but I think this factor of clunkieness can heavily limit your motivation. I know it did for me. FFVII's greatest flaw is the translation.

Blog Entries

This one slipped by me when it was originally posted....hmmmmm (drums fingers)

So.....

Seriously?

A Sony console game is being put up against something released on Nintendo?

Sony and Nintendo are two very different companies. I know the early FFs were released on the SNES but they lost out to Sony after that.

By that logic you may as well have Cloud challenge Luigi to a duel. Hmmm....i wonder who would win.....

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Midgar Mist View Post

So.....

Seriously?

Sony and Nintendo are two very different companies. I know the early FFs were released on the SNES but they lost out to Sony after that.

By that logic you may as well have Cloud challenge Luigi to a duel. Hmmm....i wonder who would win.....
    Luigi. Clearly.

I mean, have you seen his death stare?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Midgar Mist View Post

So.....

Seriously?

Luigi. Clearly.

I mean, have you seen his death stare?
    Cloud has that mako infusion going for him though. That and a big ass sword.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Both are the best games in their franchise, but VII is a clearly superior game.
    I fixed this for you.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I haven't played Ocarina of Time, so my answer is FFVII.